Wednesday 2 October 2024

Setting my October Goals

We have a bit on this month, which always happens at this time of year, so I will keep my goals rather simple and then just have a “Wish List”.  The fact that “Monique” my quilting machine is playing up has also caused me to realign my plans for the month.  

ONE MONTHLY GOAL
My goal will be to complete the Sashiko table runner.  There is a deadline for completing this project and I don’t want to leave it until the last moment.  It shouldn’t take too long to do.

CHOOKSHED STITCHERS’ CHALLENGE
There was no surprise that the number this month was 8, which is the “Anni Downs 2023 Christmas Stitchery (stitch and hopefully make a small project)”. I’ve decided that I won’t make a small project, just get the stitchery completed.  
You see, I have a few more of her free Christmas stitcheries that I haven’t done, so have traced off a couple more.  Also, during COVID I stitched the “Love and Hugs Christmas Stitcheries” and haven’t done anything with them.  Add to that, I have a couple of Christmas trees stitched and they are just sitting in a box too.  They are all redwork.  I’m thinking that once these three blocks are stitched I could work all the stitcheries into a Christmas quilt.  There is no rush, and all I am aiming for this month is to stitch last year’s stitchery.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE
After last month’s lack of progress, this month I hope to make the fish for August, September and October, as well as some more split nine patch blocks and at least one hexy flower.  Last month’s colour was “Dark” and this month’s is “Light” or add more of any colour you need or want.  I’ll make that colour lime green.

BATIK FISH

I need to make the September and October fish this month.

That is all that I am setting as my goals, so should be achievable.
Now for the “Wish List”…..

USE MONIQUE - when my thread issue is resolved I will quilt the Three Yard Dog quilt that is on the frame and hopefully the two koala baby quilts.

DR SEUSS QUILT - I’d really like to get the borders added, quilt and bind it.  If it happens, great.  If not it will still be there for another day.

HEXY FLOWERS - I’m sure I will continue to work on these.  They are fun and portable.
Now for my non stitching goals.
  • Read a book
  • Try a new recipe
  • Have a fun day out
Anything else will be a bonus.

No comments: