Wednesday 24 May 2023

The Things You Find

While I was packing away things from Scrub Stitchin’ I came across something rather special that came home with me.

One of the original Scrubbers, Diddles, passed away a few years ago and her stash has been shared at Scrub Stitchin’ over the last couple of years.  This year there were smocking items, which were used in a very creative way, and some threads.  In amongst those threads I found two that I was happy to bring home.
If you look closely, you will see that they are hand dyed silk threads from Gumnut Yarns. So, what’s the big deal?  Well, we purchased our current home from the lady that creates Gumnut Yarns.  My sewing room was her work room.  Those yarns would have been hand dyed in my laundry and packaged in my sewing room.  They have now come home to roost.

It doesn’t take much to make me happy.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

What a lovely coincidence.

Maria said...

That’s so special to have those threads..
Hope you’ll find somewhere nice to display them!

Susan said...

What a lovely story

kiwikid said...

Lovely story with the threads Janice.

ButterZ said...

That’s a great find and story

loulee said...

That is a special find.

Fiona said...

Oh thats a lovely story.... how fun to have them there
Hugz

dq said...

What a sweet Gumnut Yarns story. I love that I learned about Gumnut trees while visiting Australia.

Chookyblue...... said...

Now to stitch a special project with them.....

Raewyn said...

That's a lovely story Janice :-) Happy stitching!

jude's page said...

Looks like that have found there way home again.