Thursday 4 May 2023

My Goals for May

After a very hectic last few months we do hope that things are a little quieter on the home front in May.

The weather is starting to cool down, so nice to sit and stitch and do more homely things.  Let’s see how I go at setting some goals for myself.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL
There are so many I could choose from.
After some consideration, I settled on machine appliquéing the small blocks for the Blue Quilt.  I fused the pieces on in the middle of last year and completed the stitchery while we were travelling from July to October last year.  They have been waiting patiently for the machine appliqué, which I had planned to work on at Scrub Stitchin’.  Well, that didn’t happen, so now is the time to get them done.  There are sixteen of these little suckers.  Some have quite a bit of fiddly stitching, while others aren’t too bad. If I do a little each day, I should be able to get them all done this month.  Then it will be time to work on the centre block, which has quite a bit of work.  However, I don’t expect that to happen in May.

Pop over the Elm Street Quilts to see what the others are hoping to achieve.  The accountability of this little challenge really works to keep me progressing projects, particularly if it is something I have been putting off.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE
The colour this month is Orange.  I hope to have my blocks made very soon.  I just need to find my little stash of orange fabric…… which is stored somewhere…..

15 MINUTES A DAY
I hope to continue to do a little of something each day.  It’s amazing how it makes projects move along.

USE MONIQUE
I’m going to make sure I work on something.  My new threads that I ordered have arrived, so no excuses.

HAND WORK
I need to prepare something that is suitable to take to my stitching mornings, as my last projects have been completed.  I just need to make a decision, as I have several options.

KNITTING OR CROCHET
Decisions, decisions.  Time to start a new project……but which one?

UFO/WIP
I know this will happen.  The machine appliqué on the Blue Quilt fits the bill.

DONATION PROJECT
I’m sure I will be able to work on something.  There are plenty of options.

LEADER AND ENDER
This has been languishing.  I need to get back onto it.

FINISH SOMETHING
Surely, there will be a finish in there somewhere.
Now for my non stitching goals.

READ A BOOK
The pile beside by chair seems to be growing, so I won’t feel at all guilty sitting with my nose in a book for a while.

TRY A NEW RECIPE
I like cooking comfort style food and now is the weather to do so.  I’m sure I will find a new recipe to try out.

HAVE A FUN DAY OUT
There are a couple that I know of…….so far….

HAVE A MOTORCYCLE RIDE.
This never seems to happen.  There is a possibility that it may happen this month, but I won’t hold my breath.

USE THE CARAVAN
I don’t expect the van to come out of the shed, but you never know what may happen.

Let’s hope I have lots to report at the end of the month, as making goals gets me inspired to make a start.

9 comments:

marina said...

love your blue quilt blocks, hope they get done to see how they go together.
It's good to make lists, very satisfying to mark them off when done.

Jenny said...

You've made a lot of plans, I'm sure you will achieve some if not most of them. I havent done machine applique for a while, and those blue blocks seem t have fiddly little pieces on them.

Susan said...

Good luck with the goals - it does seem to keep you on track!

The blue quilt is looking lovely...and now they are all ready - fewer thread changes! (hopefully)

Karen's Korner said...

There are some good cool weather goals there. Looking forward to reading about them as they are ticked off the list.

loulee said...

I'm pretty confidant that you will achieve your stitching goals.

Anne-Marie said...

Good luck with your goals. :)

Fiona said...

blue quilt is going to be beautiful... good luck with all your plans...
Hugz

dq said...

The blue quilt will be spectacular. I will enjoy watching our progress this month.

Raewyn said...

Have fun with your blue blocks, Janice.And with all the other things yo aim to achieve this month!