Thursday 5 May 2022

The Start of a New Month - May's Goals

May has come around all too quickly and it is time to work out what my goals are for the month.  

We were hardly home at all last month, so there are quite a few things needing doing around here that will limit my stitching time, so my goals will be very simple.

It is so good being able to be out and about again, participating in events and travelling, but I do miss that extra time spent at home in my sewing room.  We can't have it both ways.  I will find a balance.


STITCHING GOALS

My goal this month is to make another baby quilt using the second small jelly roll that I have had sitting around for a couple of years.  I made one last year and now will make another.  I think I will use the same design, as it was effective and worked up quickly.  No, this one will not be made in just one day.

The colour this month is Forest or Sage Green.  I will make my butterfly, nine patch and HST blocks.  They shouldn't take too long.

My baby quilt should tick this box.

4.    LEADER AND ENDER

I finally have a new leader and ender project on the go.  Well, it is actually a continuation of the one I started a few years ago, making the black and white HST blocks. Not having this sort of project for a couple of years has rather annoyed me, as it seemed a huge waste of potential productivity.

And that is all I'm aiming for this month.  I have quite a few other things I would like to work on, but any progress will be a bonus.

NON STITCHING GOALS

1.    READ A BOOK

It will have to be an easy read.  (Last month I actually read three books in three days - that is the first for a while.)

2.    TRY A NEW RECIPE

I was given a recipe last month with an unusual ingredient for what it is.  I want to give it a try.

3.    FRIDAY FUN DAY

Yes, that is happening tomorrow.

4.    WEEKEND AWAY IN THE CARAVAN

Having just returned home, we will be off again shortly.

In summary, I have so many things needing attention.  I'm at one of those points where there is so much to do that I don't know where to start and end up doing absolutely nothing.  My sewing room has become a dumping ground again, following Scrub Stitchin', our recent trip away and a massive stash enhancement event (but that is a story for another day).  I haven't even unpacked my sewing machine and can't get to my cutting table.  It is really annoying, so hopefully on the weekend I will make some inroads and actually stitch something.

I did make a list for today and have ticked off the basic things needing doing around the house and now can tick off this blog post.  Next to head to town and try and tick off some of those jobs before doing some more around here.  It will take me a while to catch up.  I just need to do one thing at a time and finish it before moving onto the next.  I'll get there.  Wish me luck.

10 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

It sounds like retirement cannot come quick enough for you. Good luck with your goals especailly getting the sewing room back into order.

loulee said...

Sounds like you have things well planned. Have fun with your jelly roll quilt.
Hmm, will you share the recipe and the unusual ingredient?

Maria said...

Your May List looks achievable for you Janice …
Hope you get the time to sort your sewing room over the weekend.

Chookyblue...... said...

you'll get into a rhythm now your home and get it all sorted out........

Jenny said...

It's always interesting reading through your goals for the month. I've got a new recipe to try too, but need to get a pot of sour cream first. As for sewing, I'm in catch up mode, tripping away in our caravan means no time at the sewing machine.

Cheryll said...

Good luck with all you plan to do... especially clearing the sewing area...xox

kiwikid said...

Making lists and ticking things off sounds like the best thing to do, one step at a time, you will do it.

dq said...

Your story today could be my story as well. Coming home from a wonderful retreat and a messy sewing room - well - it is hard to get moving again.

cityquilter grace said...

well started with lists...they do help...well begun is well done they say...

jude's page said...

Lots of great things on your list, and I know what it is to not know where to start. One thing at a time is a good idea.