Wednesday 2 March 2022

My Goals for March

I can't quite believe how fast this year is going.  It is now only four months until I finish up work.

In the meantime, it is time to set my goals for the coming month, which will probably be a bit busy.

STITCHING GOALS

After a bit of thought, my goal for this month is to complete the Ruby Cushion that I have been slowly working on.
The applique is completed and I won't be worrying about adding the broderie perse section in the middle.

I need this to be completed before attending Scrub Stitchin at Baradine in early April.

I'm waiting eagerly for the big reveal of the colour for March.  A couple more butterflies and nine patches will be added to the pile.

Hopefully, the cushion will tick this box.


I'm not sure how I will go with this.  We will be away and it will all depend on what I have prepared that can be worked on in the van.  At the moment, there is not much.

5.    PLAY WITH MONIQUE

Hopefully, I will find some time to play with "Monique", my mid arm machine, now that I have the correct thread and some new needles.  The first priority is to get the tension worked out.  

6.    SWOON

 I'd like to continue to make progress with the blocks, but we will just have to see how they fit in with everything else going on.

 7.    THE BLUE QUILT

Now that I have pulled out the project box, I hope to continue to work on creating a kit for me to be able to pick up and work on without too much thought, and so that I will have some portable hand stitching.

I'm sure that I won't achieve all of that, but would like to put a bit of a dent in it.

Thanks to the girls who host these challenges.  I don't think I would achieve nearly as much without them.
Now for my non-stitching goals.

Autumn is about the busiest time of the year in these parts.  Now that COVID restrictions are easing, a lot of events are taking place after a two year break and the public are getting out and enjoying them.  Of course, we have always enjoyed participating in things in our area and exploring a bit further when we can.  Therefore, this month will be a bit busy for us.

So, without further ado, here are my goals for March.

1.    READ A BOOK

I'll pick up something off the pile beside my chair.

2.    TRY A NEW RECIPE

I give one of my work colleagues some egg plants each year and she has just given me some of her favourite middle eastern egg plant recipes.  They will be tried very soon.

3.    HAVE A FRIDAY FUN DAY

If this doesn't happen, I will be very disappointed.  Fingers crossed, there will be a couple.

4.    HAVE A WEEKEND AWAY IN THE CARAVAN

As I alluded to earlier, we will be away this weekend.  I can't wait.

I look forward to reporting back in a few weeks with an update on how we go.

8 comments:

kiwikid said...

I am sure all your plans will come to be.

Cheryll said...

Good luck with the goals...& I hope to see you Friday night...xox

Fiona said...

Yes the time is speeding away... lots of plans to get done. That block is lovely. We are going to be trying more recipes too..
Hugz

Maria said...

Be Christmas before we blink! 😉.
You always set up great goals each month…
Have fun with them and happy holiday weekend.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You have great goals! I love your pillow applique. Have you ever done English Paper Piecing? It is a great travel project and doesn't take a lot of room or supplies. I hope you have a fun time this weekend in the caravan!

Karen's Korner said...

Some lovely sewing and non sewing goals. Enjoy.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Janice good luck with your goals ,lovely work as usual ,hope you have a lovely weekend away .

Sharm said...

Some great goals there, but I'm still drooling over the being able to retire in just 4 mths time! I had hoped that would be something I could do when I turned 60 - which will be May this year, but that sure ain't going to happen now as my super won't pay out the morgage and apparently no pension now till I'm 67 so there goes those plans! You have plenty to keep you busy and heaps to look forward to - enjoy!!