Saturday 19 March 2022

March Rainbow Scrap Challenge

The colour for the RSC for March is yellow.  A nice and cheerful colour, and for those in the Northern Hemisphere, perfect for the start of spring.
I continued to work on my nine patch and butterfly blocks.  I only need 17 butterfly blocks, so only worked on one this month.

Now, last month, I pulled out my black and white leader and ender HST project.  When I played with layouts, I decided I needed lots more black and white HST blocks, but some pops of colour would look good.  So lots more HST blocks to complete and I have decided to add them to my RSC challenge for the year.


I caught up on January and February, as well as making a few for March.
This is how the quilt should look.  I think it will be a nice fun quilt.

I have cut heaps more white squares and marked them ready to stitch.  Now I need to cut a heap more black and white squares and the coloured ones, as each month comes along.  It will probably become a leader and ender project once again.

Other than this, I haven't done much stitching this month.  I need to get cracking, as time is ticking away.  

Pop over to So Scrappy to see what the other girls have been working on with their yellow projects.

14 comments:

loulee said...

You're making good progress.

Maria said...

So much fun with your RSC and B/W blocks….

Chookyblue...... said...

The quilt is going to look pretty......

Fiona said...

great yellow blocks... love the look of the plan
Hugz

scraphappy said...

The black with pops of color will be a fun quilt. HST blocks are so versatile.

Cheryll said...

I like the layout. Love black & white but with adding the colours it will be even more gorgeous... xox

Jeanette said...

Love your yellow blocks, so bright & cheery. Love how your quilt is looking. Hugs,xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Janice wow love the blocks and how good do the colours look together ,well done and happy Sunday 💕

grammajudyb said...

The pops of color will look great on your Black and White HST quilt! So far, the colors for RSC look great together, don't they?

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I love what you’re making with your leader/ended project. It’s going to be fabulous! Gosh that butterfly is cute.

Sara said...

The butterfly made me smile immediately, but then I saw that HST project . . . WOW! That will be stunning with the little pops of color! I may have to play with something similar with my scraps.

Jenny said...

Great idea to add RSC colour of the month along with your black and white HSTs.

Susan said...

That is very effective with the black & white.

dq said...

Now that is a great leader/ender project! The pops of color make all the difference.
I also love your yellow blocks.