Friday 2 July 2021

Friday Night With Friends

It was good to be able to join in with Friday Night With Friends this month.

I didn't know what I would work on, but as I didn't have much prepped, I decided to just work on the final five Jocelyn Proust blocks.  I had already made the flying geese, so it was only the easy part to go.
I had barely started stitching when Joey, my little helper came along.  So, I did have a friend with me for Friday Night........ until I had to do some pressing, after which he went and sat on Mick to watch the footy.
It didn't take too long to make the five blocks.
Therefore, I started to play with the layout on the design floor.  Lots of fiddle faddling to try and get a good balance of dark and light.

By now I had achieved more than I had expected, so then started to sew the rows together.  I have three done, so I'm pleased with my efforts for the evening.

Thanks Cheryll for providing the inspiration.  It was a great start to the month. I'll have fun seeing what the other girls got up to.

There will be more social stitching tomorrow as Chookyblue is hosting a Zoom get together.  I think Mick is going to go on his own retreat........to the shed.

13 comments:

Susan said...

Our little Joeys can be so helpful -
you made good progress - and more tomorrow! - (well probably today by the time you read this)
That quilt is looking great.

dq said...

Fantastic blue fabrics and blocks! I am so behind on blog reading - hope to catch up next week!

Jenny said...

Your blue blocks look lovely, you must be so pleased to get the final five completed. Is this one going to be for your own bed?

Fiona said...

That quilt is going to be fantastic... perfect choice for the fabric...
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Your little helper did a great job getting you to finish those blocks and get the layout right.

Cheryll said...

WoW...that's a great effort... and nearing a flimsy too...
Thanks for joining in FNwF...
& I like the new blog layout...xox

Cheryll said...

I meant block layout... oops

kiwikid said...

Your helper looks erysipelas happy 😁 your blocks look wonderful laid out there, good to read you got some rows sewn together too. Was good to see you yesterday at Chookys.

Jeanette said...

Your blocks looks fabulous. Love how they look all laid out. Ahh kitty helpers. I'm sure some of my binding on my small project isn't quite 1/4" in places due to a "helper" laying behind the machine. Tried to move her but she was having none of that. :) Hugs, xx

Chookyblue...... said...

that quilt is looking great......I really like those blocks.....

Flickenstichlerin said...

Janice, your blocks look gorgeous. Was fun meeting with you and the others at the Zoom party.

Raewyn said...

I love your blocks - I feel another quilt coming on...!! Well done on your progress on Friday Night; I'm sure Joey enjoyed helping you!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Loving this quilt...