Thursday 1 July 2021

My Other June Goals - Checking In

It is time to check in with my other goals for June.  Once again, I reported on some in my Mid Month Catch Up.

1.    READ A BOOK

I actually read two, as shared in the previous post.

2.    TRY A NEW RECIPE

I was thinking that I failed on this, but that isn't true.  I made a variation of an omelette, but forgot to take a photo.  You make a thin omelette, make a split from the edge to the centre, and then place four fillings, one in each quarter and then fold the quarters over, like a quesadilla, to form a triangular layered omelette, if that makes sense.  It was a tasty breakfast.

Other than that, no new recipes.

3.    FRIDAY FUN DAY

When I look back at my photos for June, we really didn't do a great deal.  The weather seemed to have a lot to do with things too.
Our only Friday Fun Day was the Friday of our trip north, where we had a delicious breakfast by the ocean and saw a couple of whales in the distance.  I think that counts.  It is a memory we will cherish for a long time.

4.    HAVE A WEEKEND AWAY IN THE CARAVAN

This was all planned....until the weather turned wet..... and our trip was cancelled.

Then, we had our unexpected few days away for our road trip north for the family funeral. It was nice to be away for a few days and rather novel to stay in motels.  

I must say, we find it much simpler travelling with the van.  The Wikicamps app makes it so easy to find somewhere to stay with the van, whereas, it is a bit of a minefield working out what motel to stay in.  Also, eating out all of the time is nice for a little while, but preparing your own meals has a lot going for it.

 And that is a wrap.  

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

for someone who didn't do much you did a far bit.......onto July.......see you Saturday.......

jude's page said...

That breakfast looks good, hope to catch you Saturday

kiwikid said...

I am with you re eating out, I would rather prepare something myself, and you never know what is in a motel until you check in. Some I stayed in earlier this year only had tea and coffee and a jug, no microwave, bowls, cutlery.
Your omelette sounded great.

Jenny said...

Catching sight of whales would be wonderful. One day we would like to do a whale watching tour in Kaikoura.
Robin is hankering to get away in the caravan, we have missed several weekends away lately due to my back problems, but hopefully will be able to attend the next caravan club rally.

dq said...

Just look at that lovely plated meal - delicious!! Thanks for the June goal recap!