Friday 4 June 2021

My Goals for June

We are nearly half way through the year and time to make my goals for the month.

Firstly, my stitching goals.

This was a hard decision, as I have two potential candidates - the Joceyln Proust Quilt and the Laundry Basket Quilts Mystery 2021.  Finally, I thought about which is the highest priority (neither), then which is the easiest, then which is more likely to get left by the wayside if I don't give myself a little kick up the butt encouragement.
In the end, I decided to set my goal to complete all the blocks in the Laundry Basket Quilts Mystery 2021, although, it is no longer a mystery.  There will be 225 blocks, once they are all completed.

The side benefit is that I have been sewing the Jocelyn Proust blocks as leader and enders, so it will get worked on at the same time.

I had to have quite a think on this one, as I want to concentrate on the above two quilts, but still want to work on something older.
This time it is not a UFO but a USO (Unstarted project).

While looking through one of my many stash drawers I came across two preprinted panels for baby bibs.  Lord only knows how long they have been there.  I'd completely forgotten about them. I bought some cute flannelette at Spotlight on their 50% off sale last weekend for the backings, so I'm ready to make a few bibs.  It will be a good opportunity to try a new foot that I recently acquired.  More on that soon.

3.    OPAM
As my main projects will be the two quilts, what would I look to finish this month?  Enter "baby bibs".  Win, win.

4.    CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
I will continue to work on my redwork stitcheries.  No specific quantity, just to make progress.

Tonight is the night.  Now that the footy is back on the tele, I'm joining in again.  I'll work on something tonight. Which project will depend on how warm or cold my sewing room is.  I may end up hand stitching in front of the heater.

6.    CROCHET

Each year I like to either crochet or knit something during the cooler months.  I have bought a ball of sock wool, with the intention of learning how to knit socks.  My Mum was a real expert at this, having learnt the art as a teenager knitting for the soldiers in WWII.  I had beautiful fair isle socks in the early 80s.  Sadly, I never learnt from her and she is now struggling with fairly simple knitting.  Even so, I think she should be able to give me some pointers on knitting on four pins, which is something I've never done. But, I need to have time to concentrate on socks, so not for now.
Anyway, back to my more achievable goal.  Having decided that I need to concentrate on the socks, I came across a pretty crocheted infinity scarf pattern and found some pretty wool.  It should be a rather simple make, so I hope to start it this month.  I don't expect to have it finished, but a start is a good start, so to speak.

7.    JOCELYN PROUST QUILT
Even though I have mentioned this earlier, I want to set myself an actual goal of completing at least another five blocks in June.  They have already been started, so this should be easily achieved........I think I have said that before on goals and failed miserably.

That little lot should keep me amused, don't you think?
Now to my non-stitching goals......

1.    READ A BOOK

I have one  in mind, I just need to allocate some time, given that I know I am a binge reader and once I start a book, I won't do anything else until it is finished.

2.    TRY A NEW RECIPE

I picked up the free magazines from Coles and Woollies yesterday and have had a flick through them.  Surely, I will find something different to try.  

3.    FRIDAY FUN DAY

I'm not sure how this will go in June, as Mick is working full time at the moment.  So much for retirement - there is just a major shortage of tradies.  If not a Friday, I'm sure we will have a fun day at some stage during the month.

4.    HAVE A WEEKEND AWAY IN THE CARAVAN

I think this will happen.. Yay!

Reading this, I think June should be a great month, on all fronts.

5 comments:

ButterZ said...

Sounds like a great month ahead.

kiwikid said...

I am sure you will meet your goals no worries.

Maria said...

Sew many lovely projects for you to play with and you usually do really well.
Cute backings for the bibs....

jude's page said...

I can identify with being a binge reader, perhaps i need to pick up a book, might help with my aim to chill out and pace myself. All the best with your goals.

Cheryll said...

You have some interesting projects on the go... good luck with them.
Those baby bib fabrics look FuN...xox