Wednesday 3 February 2021

My Goals for February

Well, here we are, already into February.  I cannot believe how quickly January disappeared.  Anyway, it is time to set my new goals for the month.

I'm looking forward to working towards my goal this month, as it is to make the final five blocks for Block Heads 3 and then turn them into a quilt top.  There are a total of 56 blocks in the quilt.
I cannot see me getting the quilt bound and completed in February, as my friendly quilting fairy is currently on holidays.

2.    BLOCK HEADS 3
The pattern for the last block is released tonight, so I have five blocks to complete before the fun part of playing with the layout and putting the blocks together into a flimsy.  I'm so looking forward to seeing how this comes together, after working on it for just over a year.

I'm making Block Heads 3 my main WOOFA project, but will also continue to work on the Scrub Stitchin' Bag.
My plan is to at least get the EPP rows stitched together, and hopefully add the stitching panel to it.  If I get that much done I will be happy.

4.    VINTAGE LINENS QUILT
The quilt top is done.  I just have to wait patiently until my quilting fairy returns from holidays in the middle of the month.  The binding is prepared, ready to add. So, hopefully, it will be finished in February.  I so hope this comes off.

5.    CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

I have a nicely traced out pile of stitcheries ready to work on from the Love and Hugs Australia patterns that were released during 2020.  My plan is to make a tree skirt......unless I change my mind. I will have a goal of completing two stitcheries in February.  If I don't set a number, I may only do a few stitches.
The pretty biscuit tin from Christmas is the perfect home for this project.

As per above, I hope to finish the Vintage Linens quilt.  It would be nice to have another finish, but if I do, it will be a bonus.

7.    HAND WORK

My Scrub Stitchin' bag and the Christmas stitcheries fit the bill on this one.  We'll see how much we get done.

8.    CUT OUT A NEW QUILT

If you saw my recent Friday Fun Day post you will have read that I bought some fabric at Spotlight in Bathurst and then had to make the trip to Orange to buy the rest of the range.  Well, I'm actually going to cut out a quilt and use it as a leader and ender, rather than file it away for "one day".  Also, this means that the girls that asked about my purchase get to see the fabrics.
The fabrics are a Jocelyn Proust range.  The designs on this range are more detailed than a lot of her other ranges, but still feature Australian flora and fauna.  The quilt will feature some largish blocks, so that the fabric designs will still be visible.  I don't have a photo of the pattern to share, as I'm just taking inspiration from various quilts.

Phew!  I'm tired just reading back over that list.  However, you may notice that there aren't really all that many projects, just a few projects fitting into several goals.  That's smart, I reckon.
Now for my non stitching goals.

1.    READ A BOOK

Any book.  Just read a book.

2.    TRY A NEW RECIPE

This is always fun, as I never know what recipe I will try.

3.    FRIDAY FUN DAY

Likewise, we never know what we will end up doing.  It is a day that we really look forward to.

4.    MOTORCYCLE RIDE

We only commented today that we really need to get out on the bike.  We haven't been for a ride for ages.  If the weather isn't too hot this month we may try to go for a ride somewhere.

5.    WEEKEND AWAY IN THE CARAVAN
    
I know now that this won't be happening.  However, we do have some trips lined up in the not too distant future, so they are something to look forward to, so long as travel restrictions stay as they are now.  Fingers crossed.

Now, I'd better get a wriggle on and get started.  

9 comments:

Jenny said...

You were a whizz making the Vintage Linens quilt top, hardly seemed to take you any time at all. Even quilting fairies are allowed holidays and yours will get to work on this lovely top soon, I'm sure. It's always a good idea to get the binding prepared early, that's what I like to do, as long as you can remember where you put it.

Cheryll said...

I hope you get to achieve all you've set out to do...xox

kiwikid said...

Good luck with your goals, I am sure you wil meet them. The fabrics you bought are lovely.

Kathryn T said...

Will be nice feeling to finish the blocks for Block Heads 3. Love your Vintage Linens quilt top. Kathryn Quilts

dq said...

Great fabric purchases!

I look forward to seeing Block Heads materialize this month. You are so close.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You got that vintage linen project done in no time, Janice. It will be a heirloom piece. All your projects are lovely; of course, I am drawn to those EPP blocks and the fabrics you used. In fact, I notice I like all your fabric choices for projects. Lots of wonderful goals here. I downloaded all the hugs and stitches little designs too for a someday project. Right now I've gotten distracted by cross stitch. Only two hands...:) Happy Stitching from me!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Awesome goals, neat so see the projects grow and you are so close to two finishes.

Chookyblue...... said...

You always get so much done......

Karen's Korner said...

Vintage linens is just gorgeous and came together so quickly. You have a lot of lovely projects on the go and I will be interested to see what you do with the Jocelyn Proust range. Enjoy.