Sunday 8 November 2020

What's Been Happening

Friday night was Friday Night With Friends hosted by Cheryll.  


When I wrote my goals for the month I said "This Friday is the night to stitch along with many others.  I hope to achieve more than I did last month........which wouldn't be hard."

Well guess how much stitching I did.......Not...one...single......stitch......!!!

You see, I love the idea of stitching on a Friday night, but it is something I never normally do, and when I get down to it, not really something I want to do.  We generally have an easy tea and then veg in front of the ABC on TV and I've never really been very good at crafting while watching tele.

Therefore, I'm not going to beat myself up about it, but from now on I will just cheer all the other girls on from the sideline.

In the mean time, I did actually tick one goal off my list.


I bought some mince on Thursday, intending to make a meatloaf, but saw this recipe in the free paper. I had most of the ingredients, so tried it out.  Success!  I did add grated carrot to the meatballs. We planted some carrots in our greenhouse at the start of winter and they haven't come to much - about the size of your finger.  So we pulled them all up, topped and tailed them and grated them along with the onions.  At least they weren't wasted.

Yesterday we spent the morning being very productive, Mick in the garden and I tidied the pantry, a job I'd been putting off for too long.  Then we popped down to the nursery, as we have been having a bit of a tidy up in the garden.


Our garden is starting to be productive, with our peas coming on, as well as some strawberries, which are a bonus, as we didn't get any fruit last year.  Tomatoes are starting to flower, with some mini ones producing green fruit already.  Getting an early start and no late frosts has helped.

In the afternoon we made a spontaneous decision to go out to Peel Jam.  Peel is a small village about ten minutes out of town.  Peel Jam is a small music and art festival.  It has been going for a few years, but we have never managed to get out there.  It is held in the grounds of the heritage school building which is now a community facility, with the Rural Fire Service shed next to it.


When we arrived we found a small crowd sitting around listening to some great music.  (This is only a section of the audience.)  It was a lovely afternoon to take out a chair or picnic rug and pack a picnic.


Most performers are local, but there were a couple of groups from out of town.  This was "The Hip Replacements", which had a couple of serious musos in their line up.  They played a great repertoire .

The event went from noon to about 9 o'clock. We went out mid afternoon and only stayed for a few hours.  It was nice relaxing way to spend some time.

So, no sewing at all this weekend.  My sewjo seems to have flown out the window just at the moment.  I know it will come back and I will get stuck into my stitching goals then.

4 comments:

kiwikid said...

That recipe looks interesting Janice and good to hear the garden is producing. We have been eating broad beans! Looks like a great afternoon at Peel Jam, love the band name.

Maria said...

Looks like a tasty recipe ...
Lovely relaxing way to spend an afternoon at Peel Jam for the festival....

jude's page said...

Looks like a great way to spend an afternoon.

Susan said...

as you say - no need to beat yourself up about it

I love to / have to sew or crochet while watching TV - and can't believe I missed last Fridays FNWF..oh well..

Your music concert sounds like a great way to relax.