Sunday 10 May 2020

Our Weekend

Friday evening saw another FNWF arranged by Cheryll.


Once again, I didn't achieve very much, but I did progress my Pixie Shawlette.  I crocheted from about where the hook is.  By then my eyes were getting a bit tired.  Certainly not as quick as previous scarves and shawls I've crocheted, but I'm loving the yarn.

The weather over the weekend was forecast to be wet on Saturday and cold today.  Well, we had a couple of very small showers of rain before daybreak on Saturday, but no other rain.  Today we had reached our forecast maximum of 12 degrees by 9.00am!  It ended up being a cool day, but nothing like the forecast.

Our plan yesterday was to go and help my brother collect firewood.


We took his ute and trailer as well as ours.  We were half expecting to have to come home without full loads due to rain, but as that didn't eventuate, he ended up with two big trailer loads - enough wood to keep him going for quite a while.


If you look closely, you can see a wedge tailed eagle that flew around for quite a while.  They are lovely to see.

This afternoon I ventured into the sewing room.  I decided it was time to once again tackle my Splendid Sampler 2 quilt, which has been a bit neglected over the last couple of months.


Firstly, I finally attempted the block "Big Sun".  I was intimidated by the elongated cross sections.  I'm not happy with my results, but they are the best I can do.  At least it is done.

I then counted up how many more blocks were needed - Five.  One of those is already on the go, being the EPP block "Winter Sun" that I am slowly working on.


I remembered that there were some bonus blocks released so had a look at them.  One is called "Last Leaf".  Rather appropriate for the last month of autumn.  It didn't take very long to do.  Now only three and a half blocks to do.


I then added the sashing borders to another eighteen blocks.  That is now seventy two done.  I'm gradually getting there.

Hopefully I will get those extra three and a half blocks done before too long.

My wish that we may get to go on a motorcycle ride this month seems to be a real possibility after the winding back of some restrictions from this coming Friday.  However, the Premier has said that regional travel will not be allowed at this stage.  So no caravanning for a while, as realistically was expected, but a short motorcycle ride is something we are going to have to look into.  It will be great to be out and about a bit.

8 comments:

ButterZ said...

Good you could stock up on wood. Love the blocks you have done especially with the borders on. I can't see anything wrong with them.
My hubby is hanging out to go for a ride too.

Maria said...

It's good to have had you join in for FnwFs even if you only did a little.
You sure got a great couple of loads of wood. I see the eagle...
The SS blocks look lovely especially having the borders on and lying together…
Will be good when you can at least go for a trip on the bike..

Nancy said...

Farbe und Design sind sehr gut gewählt finde ich.Habe es mal selbst probiert aber bekomme es nicht wirklich hin.Morgen geht bei mir mein Artikel zum Thema Hotel Pustertal online.Schaut doch dann gerne mal bei mir vorbei.Liebe Grüße Nancy

Jenny said...

72 blocks, that's a rather impressive total!
We are all looking forward to the Covid 19 news briefing today to see if the country will be dropping down to Level 3. Mind you, I would rather stay where we are a little longer just to be sure that the virus is under control. As we are retired it doesn't really bother us too much, but the workers and young families are surely feeling the pinch now, lots of jobs have been lost here.

kiwikid said...

Your shawlette is coming along well. Your blocks are wonderful I don't see anything wrong with them either. Good you got out for the fire wood, the nights are getting colder now. So good to see the eagle, we have some that fly over the road to Geelong, it is always special to see them. Hopefully you can get out for a bike ride soon.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your shawlette is lovely! Great the rain held off for you to get the wood in. SS2 is looking wonderful. Hope you get your bike ride in soon x

loulee said...

Your blocks look good. It's great that you are keeping up with the sashing too.
Tony and I started a conversation about a day out. That was all we did! LOL

Cheryll said...

Your shawl is looking very NiCe... & even one hook is an achievement.
Love watching your blocks grow & look forward to seeing it a flimsy...xox