Monday 2 March 2020

My March Goals Check In

Wow!  It is autumn!  Where did summer go?  Not that I mind seeing the back of the summer we have just experienced.  Drought, excessive heat, dust, fires, smoke, floods, storms...... you name it.  Let's hope the autumn brings more "normal" weather conditions.

Anyway, it's time to plan March's goals.  Let's start with the stitching goals.


This month I must, must, must finish my Rabbit Mat.


This was started at Girls Day in the Country at Nundle way back in 2015.  I am determined that I will take the finished project to Scrub Stitchin' at Baradine at the start of April.  I need to find some backing fabric, quilt it, when I decide how, and then bind it.  Very doable, as it isn't all that big.  I just have to find the motivation and work out how to deal with the edges, given it is English Paper Piecing. 


The Rabbit Mat is also my UFO project to work on for WOOFA.  If I manage to get it finished early enough I'll decide which project to work on next.


Once again, I will join in with Friday Night with Friends, organised by the lovely Cheryll, on the first Friday of the month.  I have no idea what I will work on at this stage, but there will be stitching on something.


This month the colour is teal.  I need to hunt out some fabrics and make my drunkard path blocks and my pineapple block.  I don't exactly have teal 30s fabrics for the pineapple block, but I will find some nice blues to use.


There will be another four blocks revealed this month, received here in Oz on Thursday mornings.  I'm looking forward to making them and keeping up to date.  I just hope they aren't too fiddly. Lazy, aren't I.


I will endeavour to make another two blocks for Splendid Sampler 2 and have decided that making the sashing borders will work well as my leader and ender project.  Nothing like killing two birds with one stone.

In the background, Loulee and I will continue making a Christmas project each month.


If all goes to plan, there should be at least two projects finished this month - the Christmas project and the rabbit mat.  Wouldn't it be nice if I could sneak in one more.  

That little lot should keep me going, I think.


Now, onto my other non-stitching goals for the month.

1. Go Motorcycling.  - There is nothing definite planned as yet, but we hope to go for a ride with the Panorama Club this month.  This time of year is ideal for getting out.

2. Go away for the weekend. - With a little bit of luck this will actually happen this month - maybe even twice.  Fingers crossed.

3.  Read a book - Mick reckons "The Book Thief" is one of the best books he has ever read.  I haven't read it and he had donated his copy.  We picked up a copy at the op shop the other day, so I'm going to read it this time around.

4.  Bake.  I'm not going to stipulate trying a new recipe this month, rather I want to do some baking.  I made some Anzac biscuits on the weekend, which were delicious.  I haven't done any other baking for some time, (I suppose the hot weather didn't help), and want to get back into the habit.  Home made is always much nicer than store bought.  Mick has requested Pineapple Roughs, so now I've put it here, it is an official goal.


In among all this, there are plenty of other things going on.  We are now entering that busy time of the year again. There'll be no rest for the wicked.

15 comments:

loulee said...

The book thief is an amazing story. I have read the book and seen the movie. Mick has good taste, but you know that.
Teal.... I visited the shop on the way home today. I found two in my stash, but I want three.
Good luck with all your goals.

Maria said...

That's a great list of projects for March... I'm sure you'll get the Rabbit Mat done .....
Look forward to seeing your progress.
Haven't read Book Thief but did see the movie, I'm sure you'll enjoy the read.
Oh yes home baked is delicious as long as it's not me baking !

Karen's Korner said...

That is an impressive list - I will look forward to coming back and seeing how you went. I know what you mean about this summer - glad to see the back end of it. I am going to have to "fudge teal" and use quite a bit of aqua for the challenge.

Jenny said...

Plenty on your list to keep you busy this month. I'm looking forward to seeing your rabbit mat all finished, it's gorgeous.

kiwikid said...

Looking forward to seeing your rabbit mat finished, sounds like a busy month coming up for you.

Fiona said...

Great plans... good luck with them all...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Good luck with your monthly goals. I look forward to seeing what you accomplish...xox

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your rabbit mat....lots going on to keep you busy. I loved the movie..The Book Thief but haven't read the book. Good luck with this month's goals x

Susan said...

Nothing like having a list to get you going....good luck with the rabbit mat....2015....OMGosh....looking forward to seeing what pineapple roughs are....and your finishes.

Raewyn said...

Looking forward to seeing your rabbit mat at Baradine Janice :-) Have fun with your goals - quilting and not. I've seen the Book Thief on a plane and enjoyed it.

Patty said...

Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It's indeed the ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 lbs lighter than we do.

(Just so you know, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING about "HOW" they eat.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

TAP on this link to find out if this brief test can help you find out your real weight loss possibilities

Andrea Charles said...

Phew!! That sounds like long list of plans. Your rabbit mat is stunning. I hope you finish quilting this month. Have a great start to all the blocks this month. Your non-quilting ideas also sound fun. Please do make time to spend leisurely for yourselves. You should definitely go for the weekend outing and motorcycling as well.

Unknown said...

Okay then...

What I'm going to tell you might sound really creepy, and maybe even kind of "strange"

BUT what if you could simply press "PLAY" to LISTEN to a short, "miracle tone"...

And magically attract MORE MONEY into your LIFE???

I'm talking about BIG MONEY, even MILLIONS of DOLLARS!!

Sounds way too EASY??? Think it's IMPOSSIBLE?!?

Well then, I'll be the one to tell you the news.

Usually the largest blessings life has to offer are the EASIEST!!

Honestly, I'm going to provide you with PROOF by allowing you to listen to a REAL "miracle money-magnet tone" I've produced...

And do it FREE (no strings attached).

YOU simply press "PLAY" and watch money coming right into your life... starting almost INSTANTLY...

CLICK here to play the marvelous "Miracle Money-Magnet Sound Frequency" as my gift to you!!

VasanthMusicCoimbatore said...

Quite an amazing article. Good to read and is impressive too. Any type of mat or other varieties are a great approach through which we can learn to design the fabrics. We get a lot of information about the fabrics and how to use them too in a nice way.