Wednesday 27 February 2019

Splendid Sampler 2 - Sailor Collar

Only one block finished this week, but I have prepped a few applique blocks ready to take to "Scrub Stitchin' Retreat" in April.


This week's block is "Sailor Collar" by Jenni Smith.  I was a little nervous about the small piecing, but by taking it steady and double checking the measurements after piecing each section, it came together easily.  I was being rather smug about not having to do any reverse stitching until I pieced the large triangles on the collar.  I drew the stitch line and then proceeded to stitch a quarter of an inch beside it, as I do in half square triangles.  Doh!  Easily fixed.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  Thanks Jenni for a challenge.

I'm linking up over at The Splendid Sampler.  Pop over and see the creations from some other ladies.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Another block done, plus more prepped and ready to go. You are certainly coming along well.

Fiona said...

that's an unusual block..... good to get stuff prepped for retreat...
Hugz

loulee said...

Nice block, and it does look like a sailors collar.