Monday 8 January 2018

Another Finish and Progress


Yesterday, as planned, I prepared the binding for my blue and white sampler quilt, ready to get stitching when the quilting has been completed.  That took more than ten minutes, so I'm up to date on the challenge.


Then, I got to work on the steamer basket sewing box.  As I mentioned previously, it is the hand sewing that brings me to a stand still, or in this case the hot glue gun work.  After I came home from Nundle I finished off the main stitching and I even added another coat of paint to the steamer itself to hide the annoying little bits of the bamboo that were showing.  I just haven't used a hot glue gun very much, so was a bit nervous about it.  So, I bit the bullet, trimmed the quilt top to fit and got gluing. No problems.  There was nothing to worry about.  I'm just a big procrastinator.  Then it was simply a case of appliqueing the panel of the needle keep to the sheet of felt.  Job done.  So happy to tick another finish off my list.


My One Monthly Goal for January is complete.  Happy dance. Linking up here.

Now, where to put it? 


I have recently put Mum's old magazine rack to the side of my chair.  It is a little shabby and doesn't really match anything, but boy, is it handy. (I may give it a spruce up one day.) However, I didn't have anywhere to put my pen and pencil that I use to do some puzzles and had nowhere to keep the basic sewing bits and bobs.  Now they all have a nice, neat home.  I'm glad I have found a use for the basket.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on your wonderful finish Janice xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks fantastic well done ❤️❤️❤️

Jenny said...

The basket looks good Janis and nice to have something of your mums so close by.

Anthea said...

Great work on the basket Janice... Love a stripey bind for quilts!
x

Chookyblue...... said...

cruising girl......must get mine finished.........

Fiona said...

I just love the basket....
Hugz

Patty said...

Nice basket. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

allthingzsewn said...

absolutely love the basket. Perfect hiding place as well. Love those 2fer's