Sunday 13 May 2012

An Autumn Day

Yesterday was a typical autumn day, cool and sunny, and we were actually at home, so Mick decided it was the perfect opportunity to take a photo of the two sidecars together, as he didn’t have one - “Snubby” the silver sidecar and “Olga” the old girl.

May 12 001

While we were at it I then just wandered around taking snaps of gorgeous leaves.

May 12 004

May 12 005

May 12 006

In the evening it got quite cool.  I normally read blogs in our office, but as the lounge room was so nice and snug I brought the tiny laptop out in front of the heater.

I’m glad I did, as I found a new use for it – it made a passable emergency torch when the lights went out on a very dark night.  We had a blackout for several hours.  Fortunately, we have a little generator, so were able to keep the fan going on the wood heater,( you don’t want the firebox to get too hot) and set up a table light, rather than relying on the kerosene lamp, whose wick was about ready for replacing – must do that before the next blackout. It ended up being rather lovely sitting in the darkened room in front of the fire.

May 12 011

4 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Sorry about that - deleted my own comment twice. I love your autumn photos, they capture the beautiful colours. Your blackout evening looks quite relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics and such a romantic evening with the lights out :)