Saturday, 8 August 2026

Hallelujah! A Solution to my Blogging Dramas

Some of you may have been hearing me whinge about not being able to add photos to my blog posts while using my iPad or iPhone.  This started a few months ago and is a right royal pain in the proverbial.  It appears to be an Apple/Google issue.

A solution was found by emailing the photos to the blog, as was a method that some used in the past.  This worked for a little while, but in the end it would sometimes let me send only a couple of photos and sometimes none at all.  The only solution at the time was to add the photos from my desktop computer.

Well, while on Zoom with Chooky and Co the other day she made a random comment about using a Blogger app for android.  That got me thinking there may be an app for Apple devices. A bit of investigating found a few.  Several had had no updates for several years, so I didn’t think they would be much use.  

However, there was one that had only had an update in the last few weeks.  It had a three day free trial and then has a subscription for $29.99/year.  I gave it a test out and lo and behold, it works.  I can add photos to my blog posts while using the app.  You can draft the posts in the app, but it doesn’t have as much functionality for formatting.  Once the photos are in, I can just go into Blogger and fine tune it.  I have now subscribed for the year.  I think it will be money well spent, especially for when we are travelling. 

I hope this may help anyone else with the same issued.

No comments: