Saturday 30 March 2024

One Monthly Goal - Another Ta Da - Moda Love Completed

The thing with One Monthly Goal is that I can generally leave it till towards the end of the month to get it finished before the cut off……..as long as nothing untoward crops up.  Fortunately, nothing did this month and I have another completed quilt to report. That’s three for the month, which is a good feeling.

This is yet another UFO, but a relatively new one, being pieced at Scrub Stitchin’ last year.

Having kitted it up before the retreat, I had the centre section pieced on the Wednesday that we arrived.

The next round was pieced by lunch on the following day.

Then it was time to play on the design bed in the caravan to set out the final round.

I had that section pieced by the end of that day.  And that is as far as it got at the retreat, as I came down with the dreaded COVID.  Blast!

I added the final grey border once I returned home and that is how it has sat for the best part of twelve months, as I still wasn’t all that confident to quilt such a large quilt on Monique.

The wish to take the completed quilt for show and tell this year was the push I needed to finally quilt  and bind it.   I love it!   It is such a dramatic quilt and rather different to my usual style, whatever that is.

I used the “Scrollworks” pantograph with a dark grey thread, so that it just provided texture without detracting from the bright fabrics and am really happy with how it has turned out. It has finished at 76 inches square.

I’m linking up over at Stories From the Sewing Room.  Pop over and see what the other ladies have been working on.

10 comments:

marina said...

Wow what a stunning quilt. I love how the colours pop on the charcoal background. Congratulations on your finish.

cityquilter grace said...

that is just plain lovely janice...makes my moda love look like plain jane...excellent fabric choices and the extra piecing made it a stunner

Jenny said...

This new quilt certainly has the "Wow" factor!

loulee said...

What a great finish. You did a fantastic job, you must be getting really confident with Monique now.

Chookyblue...... said...

can't wait to see this one at show and tell also.........woohoo another finish.....

Janet O. said...

Stunning, Janice! I love the three layers of the design, and the darker background to make all those colors pop. Brilliant work. Congrats on getting it all finished. My finished top is still folded up nicely and buried somewhere in the sewing room. ;)

Maria said...

You did a great job getting the quilt finished and your getting so good at using Monique.

dq said...

Three finishes for the month and you quilt them yourself. Pretty impressive!
I am betting you will be sharing your Moda Love at Scrub Stitchin' this year. I am making a small one this week (fingers crossed). I have to get a block done before Scrub Stitchin' this year for sure even though I won't be attending.

Fiona said...

Stunning quilt there.... love it and great to have done the whole thing yourself...
Hugz

Anne-Marie said...

I love it!