Monday 14 August 2023

Second Week of August

I have achieved more than I anticipated on the stitching front this week.  My One Monthly Goal was to have Border # 1 added to my quilt, applique the hearts and prep the hexy flowers for the next border.  I’ve smashed it already.
I have managed to get all the hexy flowers stitched down and that border. Border # 3 is also attached.
Not only that, the EPP for Border # 4 has had the papers removed and is glue basted ready to stitch down.  Yes, those bits are supposed to be hanging over the ends of the shorter borders.  They will be stitched down once the borders are added to the quilt.
My final activity this week was to start a new knitting project, as I had nothing on the needles.
I’ve never used eyelet knitting lace before, so decided to give it a crack.  Realistically, it could have been done in an evening, but I have taken the last few.  I should have it completed tomorrow.  Yes, a lacy coathanger.
So, how have I gone with my 15 minutes a day?

15 minutes a day/week = 7/7
15 minutes a day/August = 14/14
15 minutes a day/2023 = 214/225
Success rate = 95.11%
The week started with a very dewy morning, which showcased this little spider’s web in our garden beautifully.  It even looks nearly heart shaped in the centre.
Despite it still being winter, the weather has been quite warm and we are starting to see early signs of spring, with our first daffodil in bloom.  The bulbs for these frilly ones were given to us by a family friend about thirty years ago and follow us from garden to garden.  They are multiplying nicely.  Sadly, like last year, we will miss seeing most of our bulbs in flower.
When you step out our back door at the moment you are enveloped in the gorgeous fragrance of the daphne.  Oh, how I wish you had smellovision.  We have another slightly different daphne that blooms a little later, so hopefully, we will get to enjoy it too.
We have a few zygocactus around the house, which have gradually been flowering.  This one is going to be covered in the next week or so.  Yep, we’ll miss that too.
The other evening our sky was criss crossed with jet streams.  It was so pretty and a sure sign that flights are back to their old frequency.
Has anything else happened this last week?  Well, yes.  We have run away with the caravan again.
Yesterday we had the great pleasure of spending some time with Jo and her hubby.  We had a lovely visit.

I’ll share more of our travels shortly.

9 comments:

ButterZ said...

Love the knitting. It was a great day together.

Jenny said...

I've got a couple of those lacy coathangers, gifts I seem to remember, but have never knitted one myself. A caravan escape is always a good idea, especially when it incorpo6a visit to friends.

Susan said...

Well done on your 95% score! Blue quilt looks grand! Shame about missing the bulbs, but good that they are flowering!

Hi to Jo if you still there,

Fiona said...

I love how the Hope quilt is coming together.... so pretty. I have never done eyelet lace knitting either... do you just wrap in round a coathanger? looking forward to seeing where you go this time...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

oh how nice to see Jo........
and you are making great progress on the blue quilt......

cityquilter grace said...

wow make it blue is coming along nicely...i am guessing you are doing machine applique?

loulee said...

I have that same Daphne in our garden. No need for smellovision here. Enjoy your travels.

Hanne said...

Your quilt top looks lovely.
How nice to see the photo of Jo and you together :-)

Anne-Marie said...

So much progress! And the flowers! Daffodils are my favorite.