Monday 12 June 2023

A Bit More Stitching

I have done a bit more stitching last week.
Firstly, I finished the beanie for Mick.  It only took a few days.  Best of all, he wore it on Saturday night and confirmed it a success.  Yay!
Next, I finished off the little cross stitch bookmark.  It didn’t take long to complete the project, after sitting as a kit in my cupboard since our visit to New Zealand back in 2015.
On Wednesday the second instalment of the Laundry Basket Mystery Quilt was revealed and the blocks have been completed.  There are four of each colour, so twelve blocks made this week.  Now I have to wait till Wednesday for the next reveal.
Finally, I have made my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for the month.  I used these as leader and enders while stitching my mystery quilt blocks, before then getting stuck in and finishing them off.
When I was doing the final pressing of my split nine patches I discovered a little oops.  Oh well, not too difficult to remedy.
Not exactly baby blue, but good enough for me. Pop over to So Scrappy to see what everyone else is up to.

Now to fish out my little butterfly quilt and start working that to achieve my one monthly goal.  Also, I’ll need to find a new knitting or crochet project.

As you can probably guess, I did manage my 15 minutes of stitching each day.

15 minutes day/week = 7/7
15 minutes day/June = 11/11
15 minutes day/2023 = 150/161
Success rate = 93.17%

I’m linking up with Kate over at Life in Pieces.  Pop over to see how the others are faring.  I’m more than happy with my stats.

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely Beanie - you knit fast but then I guess anyone knits fast compared to me!

Susan said...

The backstitching really finishes the bookmark well…good job on the beanie….I imagine they are used a lot there….it’s even quite cool here.

Jenny said...

That's a cute little NZ bookmark. It's always great to get the RSC blocks done and dusted.

Maria said...

Micks beanie looks warm and cosy.
Nice bookmark finish.
Good your oops was easy to fix….
Well done with your 15min challenge.

loulee said...

It seems like it was almost all about the blue this week.

Kate said...

That book mark is really fun. Congrats on all the stitching time this week. You definitely made the most of it.

dq said...

Awe, you got your bluebells done for the mystery. Mine are pinkbells I suppose, and haven't been posted yet. I do absolutely love your fabrics. I am just using batik scraps from my stash. They look pretty different, but oh do I love yours!

Fiona said...

I love the little bookmark.... I think I have some of that aida strip - do you back it after finishing? the beanie looks great too and lots of lovely blocks made....
Hugz

jude's page said...

Good progress on lots projects