Friday 3 September 2021

My Goals for September

Here we are, already in spring and it is time for me to decide what I wish to achieve this month, considering we are still in lock down and aren't sure when restrictions will ease.

Firstly, my stitching goals.

This was a hard one.  I have so many things running around in my head.  In the end I decided that I would like to progress the Laundry Basket Quilts Mystery Quilt towards a quilt top.  
There are 225 blocks to arrange, kind of like a jigsaw, and then stitch together.  I'm not sure what I will do for a border, and also not sure what fabric I will have here that will be suitable.  My goal will just to get all the blocks joined together.

This will be a very simple aim this month.  I just want to get my garden trellis quilt top completed, by fixing my boo boo, where I have to turn a block around, and add the border. 
I will then see if I have any suitable fabric for the backing, and if so, try to get it to my quilting fairy.    We'll just have to see how much of that is possible to achieve this month.

3.    CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
There are just two more little redwork blocks to stitch before I decide what to make with them all.  I know I'm slack with hand work, but I really want to get those final two blocks stitched.  I have a feeling I will run out of my thread before I finish, but rather than muck around getting another skein at this point, I will just substitute whatever I can from my stash of threads.

4.    MAKE A DONATION PROJECT

This is a new goal I am adding this month.  I've made something for the last couple of months, so I think it is doable to make something each month.  It may be another baby quilt, or bibs, or pencil cases, or something else.  Just something.

 
Cheryll is hosting us tonight, so I will join in.  Let's hope I'm more productive than last month.

I hope to have at least one finish, if not more to report to Kris at the end of next month.

7.    ZOOMING

I will be joining in with Chookyblue tomorrow morning for another Zoom get together.  A wonderful way to connect with other stitchers.
Now for my non stitching goals.

There won't be too many, as we are somewhat restricted with the current lock down.

1.    READ A BOOK

I hope to read at least one, if not more.

2.    TRY A NEW RECIPE

I think I wish to expand this to also revisit a recipe I haven't made in ages.  There are recipes in my folder I haven't made in years.  They have been kept because they are yummy, so it is time to make them again.

3.    FRIDAY FUN DAY

Well, I don't think this will be happening.  I can still have fun, but I don't expect we will be able to be out and about as yet.

4.    HAVE A WEEKEND AWAY IN THE CARAVAN

Obviously, this won't happen either, but we will really appreciate it when we are able to travel again.

In the meantime, we have decided to have a go at camp oven cooking in our back yard.  We've had a camp oven for ages, but have never really used it.  That way we will be ready to make use of it when we do get to hit the road.

7 comments:

kiwikid said...

You have wonderful projects to keep you busy Janice. Hope to see you tomorrow, if I can get up in time !!

ButterZ said...

Thanks Janice. You always have an interesting read. I hope to see you in the morning too. Maybe in my pj’s though.

Karen's Korner said...

Some lovely goals there. Hope to catch up tomorrow morning via the screen.

Jenny said...

I always enjoy reading your monthly lists. Adding donations is a good idea. How about a Santa Sack or two? I made three last month and sent them to Jan Mac in Aussie who does such wonderful work for various charities. Quite simple to make and I used up some Christmas cushion panels which had been hanging around for ages.

Cheryll said...

My fingers are crossed for you too...xox

Maria said...

Great list of goals for this month…
I’m sure you’ll get many done.
I like Jenny’s idea for a donation project…

Marly said...

What a long list for one month! Good luck, but more importantly have fun with them all!