I've managed to get a little bit more stitching done in the last few days.
Firstly, I made the latest Blockheads 3 block on the day it was released. That is the first time I've done that for a little while.
The end of the month is fast approaching and I still had quite a few of my self imposed goals to finish off.
I had made the pineapple block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but those pesky drunkard path blocks weren't going to make themselves, so I bit the bullet to make a start. However, it was cold in the sewing room.......
Why not take them outside into the back yard to pin them?
The weather was absolutely glorious on Friday. Quite a welcome change after the previous few days, which had been bleak, cold and damp, with unbroken thick cloud.
That didn't take long at all, so why not take my WOOFA stitching out as well. The seat in our vege patch is a real little sun trap.
A bit more progress.
Yesterday I put my big girl pants on and stitched the drunkard path blocks together. Six months down, four to go. I'm sure when I stitch them together into a project they will be fine.
Another of my little goals is to make something Christmassy each month. I didn't really have anything in mind, and knew I wouldn't have the chance to make anything substantial, so looked for an idea to make a simple ornament.
I found one using scraps to make a Christmas tree.
You simply fuse scraps onto backing fabric and stitch down with decorative stitches on your machine. Too easy. I dug into the scrap bags and found some little scraps that any sane person would have chucked in the bin. Next, to find some felt for a backing. I found some felt with an adhesive side. Now, that made things really easy - just lay the fabric on without any need for fusible webbing. It worked like a treat. At this rate I thought I may make a few.
You know when things are coming together so well, that it seems to be too good to be true. Well, everything was going swimmingly until I started to do my decorative stitching. I'd only stitched a bit over an inch and stitches were being missed. The machine was threaded correctly. Everything looked right. But.....the adhesive was gumming up the needle. Blast! Fortunately, I was able to get the short runs done without it playing up. At the end of each run I'd wipe down the needle. For the longer runs I'd stitch till it started to miss, cut the thread, unpick the few stitches, wipe down the needle and go again. What a pain!
Finally, I got it finished and it is rather cute. If I make any more I will use normal felt and a fusible. This also counts for my one tiny finish for OPAM hosted by Kris.
I've made a bit more progress on my UFO for the WOOFA Challenge hosted by Cheryll. I didn't set myself any goal for how far I would progress my table runner this month. In the end I'd hoped to have the stitchery completed this month and hopefully work out a design and actually make the runner next month. I'm still stitching away on my cupcakes, but the month isn't at an end just yet. There is a chance I will get that final cupcake stitched.
I haven't made any progress on my crochet shawlette since the Chookshed Party, but, once again, the month isn't over yet. I may make a little more progress.
Now I'm off to link up with all my challenges. Click on the links and see what others are up to.