Saturday 8 February 2020

Friday Night With Friends Progress and Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


Last night was the night to join in with Cheryll's Friday Night With Friends.  


It took me a while to decide what to work on, and finally decided it was the perfect time to start adding the borders to my Splendid Sampler 2 blocks.  It gives me a good idea on how the quilt will look and I'm pleased with the green fabric choice. There are several different green tones in the blocks, but they look fine with the borders.  Twenty done, eighty to go.... and still a few more blocks  to be made. This is part of my OMG for February. 


What is it with cats?  Joey was sleeping in his basket beside me for the whole time I was stitching, cutting and pressing.  As soon as I put a block on the floor he was up and on the blocks.  That wouldn't be so bad until the claws came out.  He was not going to use my quilt blocks as a scratching board.  Naughty boy! I realise he just wanted to have his photo on the blog, but he was moved along before he could damage anything.  I did give him some cuddles later.


After we had dinner, I decided to work on my UFO project for the WOOFA Challenge.  I added five of the red triangles, so making progress.  


During the week I made my RSC blocks for this month.  The colour is orange.


There aren't any really orange fabrics in my 1930s stash, but these aren't too bad.  I quite enjoy making these pineapple blocks.



I can't say the same about my drunkard path blocks.  I still find them rather fiddly and they are ending up being VERY drunkard path blocks.  Not to worry, they are challenging me, which is not such a bad thing.

I'll be linking up with Sew Scrappy for these.

12 comments:

Maria said...

Your SS blocks look great with the green and cream borders. A good idea doing some as you go along...
The red looks good on your EPP project and the orange pineapple with tiny fussy cut centre is cute..
Hmm perhaps that why it is called drunkeds patch. 😏

Cheryll said...

I LiKe the green frames too... nice work. And Nundle's project is progressing nicely too. Thanks for joining in FNwF again...xox

Karen's Korner said...

You are working on some pretty projects. I must give curved blocks a go - one day!!!

Fiona said...

I do like how you are setting your SS blocks... it looks really effective. The UFO is coming along too... will be great. I have pineapple blocks on my list... yours looks great and so do the drunkards path... a good lot of work done
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Lots of lovely sewing happened at your place Janice, love your helper!! I like the borders on your blocks and your pineapple block. Your Nundle project is going really well, not many more red pieces to fit in. Mmmm curved seams, a bit scary to me!

Jenny said...

20 done and 80 to go! Then I realised you were talking about framing the blocks, so that's not so bad. Take it slowly and you will get there. Nice orange RSC blocks, and pussy looks quite happy lolling about on top of your sewing. I'm sure he didn't really mean to get his claws out.

Michelle Ridgway said...

SS2 is looking lovely! Animals just seem to love new fabric lol! RSC is also looking great. I love the drunkards path blocks...the hand stitching piece is lovely too xx

June's Jottings said...

Goodness Janice you have been busy, can't say the same for myself though. All your projects look absolutely great.

loulee said...

Wow! You got loads done.

Raewyn said...

Your green sashing, combined with the white sashing, is really effective and lovely, Janice. You made great progress on working towards your goal. I also love your orange scrappy blocks. The Pineapple quilt is going to look so good in the rainbows. (I love your oranges - I found a wee pile in amongst my scrappy stash and they really are a mish-mash of shades).

Jenny said...

You have been busy , may be Joey wants to claim that quilt for himself ?

Unknown said...

Did you realize there is a 12 word sentence you can say to your man... that will trigger intense feelings of love and instinctual attractiveness for you buried inside his chest?

Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, idolize and guard you with all his heart...

12 Words That Fuel A Man's Love Impulse

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to work harder than before to to be the best lover he can be.

Matter of fact, fueling this mighty impulse is absolutely binding to getting the best possible relationship with your man that the second you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You will instantly notice him expose his mind and heart for you in such a way he's never experienced before and he'll identify you as the only woman in the universe who has ever truly tempted him.