Sunday 27 October 2019

Completed Rainbow Scrap Challenge Blocks

I am very happy that not only have I completed the RSC blocks for October, but for the entire quilt.


The nominated colour for October was darks.  I had actually completed my brown blocks a little while ago, as by making these as leader and enders I was ahead of the schedule.

However, after initially planning to make thirty blocks for my quilt I decided a while ago to make it larger, so have made a few extra blocks in some colours.


My final three of these were finished on Friday.  Once again, I was leaving things to the last minute.

I'm really looking forward to laying these out on the design floor and playing around with placement before putting the quilt top together next month.

The RSC is such an easy, fun way to make a quilt during the year.  What I really enjoyed was using it as a leader and ender project. Something that I've never done before, but from now on I'd like to have a leader and ender project sitting beside my machine at all times.  I'll have to work out what I'll do next and have a cutting episode.

Pop over to So Scrappy to see what the other girls created this month.

9 comments:

grammajudyb said...

I’m addicted to Leaders and Enders also. I can’t seem to sew without them! Garlic knots are my current ones, but 9 patches are my go to L&Es.

Maria said...

Can't wait to see the RSC blocks come together , they'll look great. I think I'll join in next year and also do it as a leader and ended project. Just need to find a block I wish to do.

works4me said...

Those will look great as a whole quilt.

loulee said...

It's going to be a very bright and colorful quilt.

Fiona said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your RSC quilt coming together... I love the backgrounds you have used - shows off the colours so well.
I am no good with leader and ender projects because I just start sittign and sewing them in one go! haha
Hugz

Susie H said...

I think L&E are the way to go too! Surprising to see how a quilt comes together when the sewing gets done in the background of primary sewing. Your blocks look very pretty, can't wait to see it all laid out!

Jenny said...

It's great that you have completed your plus blocks! I love leaders and enders sewing too, they really see up fast with hardly any effort at all. Looking forward to seeing how you arrange these blocks into a top.

Michelle Ridgway said...

It's going to look great. Looking forward to seeing it completed also x

The Joyful Quilter said...

I love the IDEA of leader/enders, but in reality they tend to take over as my main project!!