Monday 27 May 2019

One Monthly Goal for May

I didn't expect to achieve much stitching this month considering we would be on the road for pretty much the whole month.  However, I do have a little bit to show.  Most importantly, I achieved my One Monthly Goal for May.  


I wondered at one stage if I would get it finished, as the wording took simply ages to stitch, but once I got going on the cup and saucer things speeded up and I am happy to have it finished.

You can see the original goal back here, together with my early stitching results of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks and my bowl cosies.

My other finish for the month was my crocheted scarf, which I finished in just a couple of days.  That really was a bonus.  I didn't expect to have three finishes to record for Kris' One Project a Month.  I'm trying to have something every month this year.

Now I am looking forward to getting back into my sewing room when we get home and keep working on The Splendid Sampler blocks, finding out the colour for Rainbow Scrap Challenge for June and deciding what other project to work on so that I have at least one finish for One Project a Month.  I can't wait.

I'm linking up over at Elm Street Quilts.  Go and see what the other girls have completed this month.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

That's a pretty little stichery block, how will it be finished?

Maria said...

I love that stitched block... Beautifully done.

kiwikid said...

That is a really pretty block, well done on the finish.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

It’s a beautiful finish, Janice.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Its a lovely finish Janice x

Fiona said...

Beautiful block... there is a lot of stitching in that...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

And it's a great finish too...
Enjoy your travels...xox

Susan said...

Love this block
I've enjoyed your travelogue too - what adventures...

Patty said...

So pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous block Janice - well done on meeting your goal AND travelling too. I just looked back at your beginning of May post, and very interesting it was - the crocheted scarf is lovely. I bought a Caron cake on sale recently, thinking it would make a good travel project.