Sunday 31 December 2017

Ta Da - A Teensy Finish

Following my elation at finishing my big quilt I decided to complete another project this year.


Ta da!

This teensy pincushion was started back in June when I visited Chookyblue.  We each made a tiny log cabin pincushion that only measures 2 1/4 inches square.  At the time we didn't fill them and Chooky asked if I had walnut shells, to which I replied "Yes".

Of course, when I got home do you think I could find them?  No, not on your Nelly, so it just sat there waiting.

A couple of months ago I was looking for something else and I found the walnut shells.  Somewhere that I would never have suspected. (Does that say something about the state of my sewing room?)  However, I didn't do anything at the time other than put the walnut shells next to the pincushion.  I suppose that was a start.

Anyway, today was the day.  It took a whole five minutes or so.  Huge job, but a job well done.

Another project to tick off the list before the start of the new year.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Funny about the walnut shells! If you could see my studio at the moment you would think yours completely tidy!

Anonymous said...

Lol things like that happen to me Janice though i will go and buy what i need and then i find what i had to go and buy,lol,hope that makes sense.
Lovely sweet pin cushion,wishing you and Mick a happy and safe New Year my friend xx

Maria said...

Oh yes I loose things all the time in the Cave..pleased you finished thetiny pincushion for 2017.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

And very cute too. Tiny pincushions are my favourite. x