I told Chooky what I intended to work on - binding a quilt.
On Sunday afternoon I decided to get a head start and attach the binding to the quilt by machine, ready to just do the hand stitching.
Then I decided I'd just make a bit of a start......and ended up stitching two sides of the quilt before my eyes decided they'd had enough and gave me a dizzy headache.
Now I started to think of another goal....
Yesterday I took the quilt to work and managed to stitch another side down during my lunch break. You can see where this is going...... Today I stitched down the final side in my lunch break.
My Nature's Journey is finished.
I had the top finished in September, right on track. My friend Val quilted it in October and it has taken me until now to finish it off. I had cut out the binding from the same chocolate fabric as the inner border, but could only find half of it after our move. I searched the stash and came up with a civil war reproduction brown and cream striped fabric, so decided to use it. If anything it was a better fit for the border, the chocolate may have been too dark.....then of course I found the rest of the original fabric. I'm glad I went with the stripe. The only fabric I bought especially for this quilt was a wide back for the backing. Everything else was from stash, and much was from scraps, not that it has made any impression in the mountain of fabric I have.
It is also my first finish for my new sewing room. Got to be happy with that.
Now I will have to find something else to work on for the weekend. I think there may be one or two projects lurking in there.