Wednesday 13 August 2014

Running Away

Last Friday I was naughty again and didn’t go to work.  However, this time there was no leisurely start to the day.  Oh, no! I was up at Sparrow Fart and off in the car before sun up. I even left Mick at home.

It was cold and frosty, down to minus four, with fog in the valleys.  Once the sun rose it was a glorious morning.

August 2014 003

August 2014 005

Whenever I travel in this direction there is one spot where I always stop to take a photo.  Friday was no exception.  You can see a previous photo here. As you can see Friday was quite different with the frost.

August 2014 008

I loved the wispy fog in one spot.

August 2014 009

My drive then took me down into my favourite Bylong Valley, which was looking a picture in the morning sun.

August 2014 011

A good chance to stretch the legs.  You have to have your regular breaks.

IMG_0339

Eventually I popped out the other end and arrived in the Hunter Valley.  This is where I really start to feel in holiday  mode.

August 2014 014

I had time to stretch my legs again at Murrurundi and discovered this beautiful old cottage.  Imagine irises in bloom already.  So very different to the climate at home.

August 2014 015

So, where was I off to?  If you hadn’t already guessed, I was heading once again to Nundle.  This time to partake of a little sewing therapy on a retreat weekend with some lovely ladies.

6 comments:

Maria said...

What awesome photos !
Have a fabulous time at Nundle Janice...

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics Janice and I know you will have a wonderful time at Nundle with your friends.xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great way to start a day....amazing photos Janice....poor Mick...

Susan said...

Beautiful photos of a lovely part of the world. Heading to a great destination too.

Ali Honey said...

Great photos. I know you are having fun.....I saw you in a photo on someone else's blog. Stitch, Stitch, Stitch!

Chookyblue...... said...

WOW cold starts but great photos..........