Tuesday 20 September 2011

Technology Tweaking

We’ve had a major upgrade on the technology front – in two respects.

Firstly, I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned before that we didn’t have a television.  It was stolen in 1987 and we hadn’t bought a new one.  You can’t rush into these things you know. LOL!  We’ve lived very happily without one and had no plans to change matters. 

That was until we told our potential house sitter, before we went on our trip, and she said “Oh!”.  To cut a long story short, we now have a TV that gets watched on Friday nights for the footy and on Sunday nights for Grand Design and the odd Moto GP race.  As you can imagine, I’m not totally enthralled by the footy and have been antisocial and still gone into the office to read blogs.

Secondly, we are on satellite internet.  We have three computers – my desktop, Mick’s laptop and our little laptop for travel.  Mick’s and mine are connected to the internet by cable and to use the little one, we have a Telstra dongle with next to no reception.  Finally, I had a revelation. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before.  Why couldn’t we get a wireless router with the satellite internet?  For some reason I thought it wouldn’t work. 

September 2011 002

On Saturday I bought this little treasure and on Sunday night I hooked everything up.  It works! Beautifully! While Mick was watching hours of Moto GP I was able to sit out there with the little laptop reading blogs in front of the heater.  Only the desktop needs to be hooked up by cable.  How good is that.

I’m still blogging on my desktop, as that is where my photos are, but I might just tweak that too.  Once again, you can’t rush into these things.

2 comments:

loulee said...

A TV? OMG!
Sounds like he's hooked already.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Haven't you JUMPED into the 21st century :) I'm sure you haven't missed any tv.