Monday 12 January 2015

Looking Back at 2014 - November

Blogging didn’t really happen in November.  We were too busy being out and about doing things.  You’ll get the picture over the next few posts.

ON THE HOME FRONT

The overriding thing in November was the imminent auction of our home.  Would it sell?  Keeping everything tidy for inspections. The garden was putting on a show, but the three weeks of hot westerlies were drying everything out.

Flowers November 2014

GEOFF MARTIN RALLY

We like to participate in the Geoff Martin Rally, based in Bathurst, each year.  Unfortunately, the numbers were down quite a bit this year, but we still have a very enjoyable day out on “Sophia”, the red Moto Guzzi.

Geoff Martin Rally November 2014

CARD MAKING

We attended a birthday party, so I decided to have a go at making a card.  It is amazing how much mess I can make and time I can take for one small card.  I found a cute birdy on the internet and adapted it into an appliqué. I put it in a window card and then backed it with a bit of pretty paper I had.  I even put a handmade stamp on it (a recent find). This isn’t my usual crafting style at all, but it was good fun.  Having said that, back in the late 80s and early 90s I used to make heaps of cross stitch cards for a craft shop.  I don’t think I’ll be making too many now.

Handmade Gift Card November 2014

SECRET SANTA CHRISTMAS SWAP

I did manage to get my SSCS ornament and gift made and away on time.  The stitchery on the ornament was one of those things that I had sitting available for any spare minute waiting somewhere.  I knew things would be busy, so got a nice early start on the gift.  Just as well I did.

November 2014 013

That’s all for this quick post……..but there is still heaps more for November.

2 comments:

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Love the card!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Those bearded iris are so pretty!! Lots of fun things happened in November!