Friday 30 January 2015

Christmas Cushion

As a Stitch Along introductory project, while we were waiting for the pattern for Nature’s Journey, Chooky asked us to make a little stitchery that Anni Downs had put on her blog in December.  We could then make it into whatever we liked.

I made a little cushion. It is only 12 inches square, as that is the size cushion insert I had to hand.  The fabric is all from stash.  I sewed a bit to the stitchery and then kept adding, making it up as I went.  I then just did a simple envelope opening on the back.  I’m quite pleased with how it turned out. 

January 2015 066

At the start of each year I say to myself that I will make a Christmas item each month, but it never happens and then I have a mad rush at the end of the year, and not much gets made.  This year I have actually made a start.  Woo Hoo!

4 comments:

Deb R said...

Looks gorgeous Janice.

Susan said...

And it's a very pretty start. I like your fabric choices.

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a lovely cushion. I really like how youve framed the stitchery with different fabrics.

Chookyblue...... said...

a cushion is a great idea......