Friday 19 December 2008

Ta Da!

The Christmas Angel decorations are finished for my nieces. They are very simple, but I think the girls will like them. I put their initial on the wing so they know which is theirs.
We are having a 70's New Year's Eve party with some friends. I have my mum's 70's evening dress, but it doesn't "look" very 70's - she is somewhat conservative - and I just didn't know whether to wear it or not, but didn't have a better option. However, that has now all changed. I called into a local op shop and found a canary yellow dress with white poker dots. I think it is newer than 70's as it is longer, but I'll take it up and it should look the part. It looks bright and summery. There will be plenty of fabric left to make a headband.
For the party, I will tie dye a t-shirt orange for Mick. I bought the gear to do this before I realised he could have just worn his "Goodies" t-shirt. Doh!! It will be fun having a go at tie dying, though - I haven't done any since school.
While I was at the op shop I also found a chest of drawers. They are appear to have been the drawers of an old desk and go a long way back. They have a masonite top covered with contact - bewdiful!! - and cost a massive $7.00. The drawers will strip back nicely and we will put on a new top and then paint the top white and they will be perfect for fat quarters and should fit under a cutting table in my sewing room. The cutting table and sewing room are still figments of my imagination - but hopefully will become a reality in the next year - fingers crossed.

No comments: