Tuesday 9 February 2016

The Modern HST Sampler Block 3 - "Lantern"

I've been eagerly awaiting the next installment of the Modern HST Sampler, which came out yesterday.  I didn't have a chance to check it out last night, so had to wait till this afternoon.

The block has been named "Lantern", after the Green Lantern, but I think mine is more of a "Blue Lantern".  As promised, it used a different technique.  I did like this method.  It was quick and accurate.  I definitely prefer it to the method with biased edges.  This one came together rather quickly.



Now Alyce, our hostess with the mostest for this Stitch-A-Long is packing up her sewing space in readiness for her move from Japan back to Australia and has requested pics of our sewing spaces as inspiration.  

Mine is definitely not inspirational at the moment - but I'm including it here to keep things real.

My sewing space at the moment is a section of a family room next to the dining nook.  In just over a month we too will be moving to a new house, complete with a sewing room - nice and big, with doors that can be closed on it.  I can't wait to get myself set up.


I pulled fabric when I got home from work, making a mess all over the kitchen table, quickly made the block and then left to go out to attend a meeting, leaving the mess where it was.


When we returned home we brought the washing in to add that to the mix.  I will go and tidy it up a little when I have posted this.  I have to at least have somewhere to eat breakfast.


I'm linking up with Sew Cute Tuesdays.  Go and check out what some other clever ladies have been up to and to also see some sewing spaces - probably much more inspirational and tidier than mine.


I'm also linking up with Design Board Monday, be it a day late.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice I love your block,how exciting to be moving to your new home soon xx

loulee said...

A door on the sewing room is essential!! If only to shut the world out sometimes!! But it's handy for hiding the mess too! LOL

Unknown said...

Your lantern block is very pretty

Susan said...

Is your new house built already? That has gone quickly. Won't it be wonderful to have your own sewing space. It's a sweet block. Are you doing them them in blues?

PaulaB quilts said...

So glad you will have your own sewing room, a real luxury. Found you on Sew Cute Tuesday, where I showed my downsized 'studio' / bedroom. Do take a look. I'm in the middle of doing the Lantern block with a bit of frustration. I'm doing mine in brown and pink, the Rainbow Scrap Challenge colors for February. Lots of folks are getting on board there. I've been blogging for a year, but love meeting so many kind and talented people. Good luck with your moving process.

Cath said...

Hello Janice...love the block and my sewing space doesn't look much different from yours atm....actually waiting for my house to be built and getting quite impatient! It is never too late to link up at Bits 'n Bobs...the link is open all week and then before you know it, a new link opens!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Bet you can't wait to move into a new space...how exciting!

Narelle said...

Love your blue lantern block ... your new room sounds like a dream :)

Anthea said...

great block there Janice... very neat!
Lovely to see a pic of a 'mortal' sewing space - cyberworld is full of perfectly arranged spaces/rooms that look like the owner spends more time decorating than actually sewing!
I hope things go well for your house move soon
x

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's always fun to see where people sew. I like your real sewing space photos. It's not long until you move, how exciting!!!