Tuesday 7 January 2020

My Sewing Room - Part 1

I'm not quite sure where to start with this, so the best place would probably be the beginning.


Back in 2016 we moved into this home, and for the first time ever, I have a dedicated sewing room.  You can read about it here.  I was a tad excited.


The beautiful big space.  The door leads to a little verandah to the side of the house.


So much room -  - 6 x 4 metres.


Starting to move boxes in, but still no furniture.  I blogged at the time that we would have to have a big sort through.

That is the last I ever shared.......for a reason.......


Fast forward to this year.  


Yep, it is a red hot mess, that never did get sorted and only got much worse.  Poor Joey even looks rather stressed in there.


It's rather embarrassing to share these photos.


Remember that door to the verandah?  Well, it's had boxes stacked in front of it since I moved in.


Oh, dear.  The sad thing is that I do have some lovely things, you just can't see them.


How can you enjoy making things or be productive here?  The simple answer is that you can't.

Sadly, I just didn't know where to start on sorting it all out.

So what changed?


In September I was booked in to attend a slow stitching class that was sadly cancelled.  I said I would have a day of slow stitching at home.  

Mick said. "I've got a better idea.  Why don't we try to sort out your sewing room."  Normally, I would have told him to leave my mess alone, but the planets seemed to align that we both had the time, inclination, and a bit of an idea on how to proceed.........and it would be so nice to have a nice sewing room for when Lou and Tony visited.




It looks just a little different now.

I love, love, love it and so enjoy spending time there now.  I'll pop back again very soon and give you a proper guided tour.

9 comments:

ButterZ said...

That's space looks wonderful. You must have culled a bit...

Susan said...

Oh wow! What a transformation....I can’t imagine my reaction to DH offering to sort my rom....well yes I can....it would not have happened!
You have both done a great job....even a comfy chair for hand sewing or reading.....love it

Maria said...

That was a great suggestion of Mick, you both did a fantastic job of sorting your beautiful sewing room.Enjoy it ....

loulee said...

Wow, what a transformation. It is a lovely room to be in. We are so lucky to have husbands who help us and support our hobby.

Cheryll said...

Oh WoW... what a difference. Great transformation...
I can see you in that space every chance you get now...xox

Fiona said...

hmmm.... that did look a bit overwhelming... well done Mick (and you). It looks like a wonderful creative space now.....
Hugz

Ali Honey said...

Enjoy!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I have just one word--WOW--
enjoy that wonderful, pretty space--
happy stitching--
luv, di

kiwikid said...

Wonderful difference, you have a beautiful sewing/creating space. Next time the planets align, my sewing space could use an overhaul!!