I can't believe it!
Once again I have completed the block on the day it was released......and my points are going rather well too, considering the HST blocks are gradually decreasing in size.
It is a bit of a challenge getting enough interest and contrast in the fabrics, all being blue, but I'm happy enough with how it is coming together.
One thing I have changed on quite a few of the blocks is the technique I have used for making four blocks the same. The only time I had any drama with sizing was on the second block where the blocks ended up with a biased edge. Whenever four blocks are required I have just been making two at a time so that I can have the edges on the grain. I'm happy with that. I did the same when we were to use the tube technique, which also would have ended up with biased edges.
It has certainly made me more confident to make patterns with HST, as I shied away from them in the past. Of course, making sure they are made oversize and trimmed down makes the world of difference as well. I've also been pressing the seams open, which has made them sit nice and flat.
Now I look forward to the next block in a fortnight.
Thanks to Alyce from Blossom Heart Quilts for providing the blocks.