Monday 20 June 2016

Modern Half Square Triangle Sampler - Block 11 - Starshine & Block 12 - Rockpool


It was a bleak, wet, winter's day here yesterday, so time to go into the sewing room and get out the blue and white fabrics to make the next block for the Modern HST Sampler.

This one used my favourite method so far, being making eight blocks at a time.  



I found the gingham in a box during the week and it fits into the mix nicely, adding a bit more variety to the blocks.

I was up to date once more, even if it is only for a day.

This morning the next block was released, so, while I was on a roll I selected the fabrics and cut out the squares before I went to work.

Now the block is finished and I'm up to date once again. You have to be happy with that.


This marks the half way point in the quilt, so time to put all the blocks together to see how they look. I must say that my points are getting better as we go along.  Not so much reverse stitching now.


It's a rather limited colour palette, but I'm only using what I have here already.  I have lots more blues, but they aren't in this tone. I'm happy enough with how it is progressing.

I'm intrigued as to how detailed the blocks will be over the next few months.

Thanks Alyce for organising us all during the year.



11 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

The blocks are looking lovely..... Blue -the perfect colour.......

Anthea said...

That looks like a lovely SAL, Janice... good job using your stash... thx for sharing the link, I might go for a look at it.
x

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love the beautiful shades of blue you are using for these blocks. Well done for keeping up.

Jenny said...

Lots of pretty blues - lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice wow I love your blocks and I am loving the colours used,well done my friend ...

Sophie Zaugg said...

So pretty ! I like very much your palette.

Jenny said...

I think its just lovely

Jayne said...

It is a challenge keeping up with a BOM! I'm in the middle of one right now!

Ioleen said...

It's lovely. Love the blues. I am also using what I have and hope they go together as well as yours.

loulee said...

Love those blues.

PaulaB quilts said...

Using a limited palette and what you have on hand is really more challenging and you're doing a great job with those blues. That's my favorite single color with white. So many antiques done in that, a real history.