Wednesday, 21 January 2009

A January Finish and a Sad Machine

I finally have something finished! This was May Britt's Christmas pattern.
I did the stitching on a white background, but in the end thought it was too stark, so tea dyed it. I just made a little hanging, now I have to find a nice hanger for it. As I really wanted to finish the project last night I cheated and didn't bind it but just turned it through and then top stitched around the edge. Naughty me, but I felt I could get away with it on this one. The fabrics are scraps from a table runner I made a couple of years ago and were also used in a Christmas cushion.
My machine started getting rattly in the bobbin housing last night (it had done it a little while I was doing the Red Delicious Blocks as well). I gave it good clean and checked what I could, but it is not better. It got very rattly just over a year ago and I had to have it repaired. There is a great repair man in Orange, so it looks like I might have to make the time to go up there and have it looked at again. Unfortunately, that won't be possible for a about a month.
I got the Verandah View block traced last night, so I should be able to start that in my lunch break today.

2 comments:

Maree said...

Love your little wallhanging...looks Great tea dyed...love that effect..
cheers

Sandi said...

Your heart wallhanging is lovely. Tea dyeing the stitchery was a good idea - it looks just right. I have seen some nice hangers around; maybe you could find one that has hearts in it's design.