Tuesday 7 December 2010

Tuesday Treasures - Santa

Every Christmas I bring out this treasured old battered shoebox.

December 2010 005

One Christmas a parcel arrived in the post from Aunty Doreen which contained this.

December 2010 006

I was guessing that I would have been about 10 at the time, but I checked the newspaper in the bottom of the box and it says 1971, so I may have been a few years younger.

Santa wasn’t new when he arrived at our house and I don’t know what his background was.

December 2010 007

I do know that he has a lovely jolly face and it wouldn’t be Christmas without him.

Pop over to Melody’s to see what other wonderful treasures are on show this week.

9 comments:

Melody said...

Wow, he is fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing.

marina said...

he looks good as new, and well loved!

Rochelle said...

He really is a special treasure. What a wonderful condition he is in.
Have a wonderful week.

Linda said...

I think the Christmas decorations with a history are definetly the best!!

BubzRugz said...

I love the expression on his face.... really beautifully made ...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Wow how fantastic is Santa! He doesn't look his age at all. toni xxx

RG said...

Love him Janice...he really is a treasure!
Happy Christmas :-)

Bev C said...

Hello Janice,

Oh such a beautiful Santa,lots of memories and he still has his very own box.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Teresa said...

Oh wow... he's gorgeous and in such great condition. You must have really looked after him. What a lovely memory to have every Christmas xx