Sunday 3 March 2024

Goals for March

 I like setting my goals each month, although sometimes it takes a bit of deciding what they should be. This month was relatively simple.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL

I really want to have a few quilts that are still at the flimsy stage to be quilted and bound in time to take to Scrub Stitchin’ for show and tell.  

To keep me on track, my goal this month is to have the Moda Love quilt completed.  This was pieced last year at Scrub Stitchin'.  The others will be bonus projects.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE

The colour this month is purple, so I will make my split nine patch blocks as leader enders and make two fish blocks, once the next block is revealed.

CHOOKSHED STITCHERS’ 2024 CHALLENGE

The number drawn out for March is. Number 4.  For me this is to complete a donation quilt using a fabric panel. 

I have quite a few to choose from, a couple of which are simply quilt and bind the panel and call it done, but in the end I have decided to do something with this teddy bears’ picnic panel, which will be a bit of a challenge that I probably don’t need this month.  What the heck, let’s get it used up.

15 MINUTES OF CRAFTING A DAY

Of course, I want to continue with this challenge.  It really keeps me on track.

Thanks, as always, to the ladies for arranging these challenges.  I really appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

As usual, I want to also:

  • Work on a donation project - Teddy Bear Panel Quilt
  • Use Monique - hopefully five quilts
  • Knit or crochet something - five more spiked granny squares this month, before doing a final round and joining.
  • Work on a WIP - I am now working on the final border of the Blue Quilt
  • Work on a UFO - not sure what as yet, but there should hopefully be something.
  • Complete something - hopefully five quilts
  • Hand stitching - the final border on the Blue Quilt, at least

Let’s hope they all get done.  Fingers crossed.

MY OTHER GOALS

These remain much the same as usual.

  • Read a book
  • Try a new recipe
  • Go away with the caravan - this may not happen, as we are currently in the process of upgrading from our ute to a small truck, which is not due to arrive until towards the end of the month.
  • Have a fun day out

I do hope that I can look back at the end of the month and see a lot of ticks next to those boxes.

12 comments:

loulee said...

You're going to have another busy month.

kiwikid said...

I am sure you will manage your goals Janice - the teddy panel is cute and I love your Moda Love Quilt.

Maria said...

Good luck with this month’s goals..
Cute Teddy panel.

Susan Smith said...

Your goals for the month always blow my mind & wonder how you get them done, usually all on the list. Maybe I should do a list too. Must admit I've nearly completed my panel quilt to flimsy stage & am now hand quilting the Scraps Aplenty which was the January challenge for me. February possibly won't happen for a while. I'll try & do my Number 4 though. Thanks for your goal catchup, take care and hugs.

ButterZ said...

You have a few things there to tick off your list which will keep you very busy. Good luck.

ButterZ said...

Ooops. Forgot to say “ I love the teddy panel”

Jennifer said...

Love the Moda Love quilt!

Laura said...

Whew! You have a packed month! Good luck with your goals! )

Michelle Ridgway said...

That's a lovely quilt. Lots on your goals list. Happy sewing xx

Karen's Korner said...

Cute teddy bear panel. Good luck with your goals....I am sure that you will get them ticked off the list.

Babette said...

That Moda quilt is great! Enjoy finishing it. And can I be you when I grow up and get all of those things done in a month?

Anne-Marie said...

I always enjoy your lists.