Monday 11 March 2024

Chookshed Challenge for March Completed

The number selected by Deana for March was Number 4, which for me was to make a donation quilt from a panel.  

I had plenty to select from and chose the teddy bears’ picnic one.  This wasn’t my favourite by any stretch, but I wanted to push myself to do something with it.

I’m pleased to now share the completed quilt.  From a panel I wasn’t fussed on I now have a quilt that I love.

I used the Plumeria pantograph again, which seemed to suit it.

It is fairly sizeable, as the panel was the full width of fabric.  This will be ideal for a single bed, coming in at 46 inches wide by 68 inches high.  As usual, all fabric came from stash.

I’m so pleased that Deana suggested and administers this challenge.  It has pushed me to work on projects that would otherwise still be sitting in the “To Do” pile.

14 comments:

Maria said...

Well done on your No 4 Chookshed Challenge finish.
I love what you did to make the Teddies into a lovely bright quilt.

Jennifer said...

That is such a fun quilt - well done!

dq said...

Once again, you are completely finished early in the month. Now onto other things! You chose your goals well.
I will post the mid-month link in a couple of days.

Laura said...

Super cute! Well worth finishing! :)

Susan Smith said...

Good for you on the finish and you are certainly keeping up momentum with the challenge. Love how you used that panel & may keep it at the back of my mind. As soon as I can work out how to upload photos from my camera to the new PC setup. I'll be able to post about my challenge bits too. Thanks for sharing, stay cool in the heat, take care & hugs.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done! I love how you've used the panel. It looks so good x

kiwikid said...

Well done on your #4 finish Janice, it looks wonderful.

cityquilter grace said...

very cute indeed....you are an over achiever putting the rest of us to shame....lol

Jenny said...

Congratulations, the teddy bear quilt has turned out so well! I agree with you about this challenge, it is making me get things done too.

Fiona said...

That has turned out a really sweet quilt...
Hugz

loulee said...

A great finish. You always do well when you set yourself goals.

Karen's Korner said...

A super cute finish.

Chookyblue...... said...

that looks great Janice.......great way to use the panel up...........

Lianne makes stuff said...

Well done Janice the quilt looks great