Thursday 7 July 2022

Just About Ready to Leave

We are just about organised to head off on our big adventure tomorrow.

Fortunately, we haven’t been too badly affected by all the wet weather.  We only received about an inch of rain, but as the bulk of the rain was upstream, our river rose rather quickly, closing the low level bridge. It has now receded to just below the bridge level.
I couldn’t resist doing a little bit of sewing while I still had access to my sewing room.

For quite a long time I have been wanting to make a little pouch for my nail scissors etc, but have not got around to it.  Ideally, it would be a zippy pouch but I compromised.
Years ago I made a little pouch to hold a pocket sized packet of tissues.  It is now looking rather sad, with pen marks and general grime.  
I used this idea for my new pouch.
A bit rough and ready, as I forgot to add the elastic as I was sewing the outer and lining fabrics together, but it will do.

Now I at least have a little finish for One Project a Month.

I’m also testing how to go about preparing a post while off line.  Sort of OK, but I may have to work on it a bit more.

8 comments:

jude's page said...

Travel safe, and enjoy your time away. Looking forward news of your travels

Maria said...

Happy journey and keep safe…
The pouch does a good job of holding all the scissors etc.

loulee said...

Bon Voyage.
The rain arrived here over night. We've had 21mm since midnight and warnings of heavier falls to come. (That is a huge amount for us down here on the East coast).

Jenny said...

That's a great idea, I need to make something similar to carry my sunglasses around in. Safe travels, I bet you are getting excited. Guess you have made a general plan of places to go, things to see? Leaving space for things that pop up. Often people you meet on the road will tell you about attractions you didn't know about, we have found.

cityquilter grace said...

have a wonderful time...be safe...

Fiona said...

Happy Days!
Hugz

Janet O. said...

That is impressive flooding!
I really like your little pouch--that fabric is beautiful!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful little bag, perfect for what was needed.