Friday 24 August 2018

Splendid Sampler II - Favourite Notions

A brief interlude from our holiday...

I've been keeping an eye on the Splendid Sampler to see what blocks I will have to catch up on when we get home.  I was rather pleased that there is no block this week, rather the request to share your favourite notions.  I can even do that from the other side of the world, as I posted about them back in January.


I see that Jane also has the mini rotating mat as on of her favourite notions.  It is perfect for squaring up blocks.  My trusty rotary cutter was given to me by my mum when I first started showing interest in patchwork.  I find the 4 1/2 inch and 6 1/2 inch rulers really handy as well.  Everything is sitting on my great big cutting mat.  It was a great investment.

I have lots of other notions I can't live without, but as I am on the other side of the world to my sewing room, this will have to do.

Now back to our holidays....

4 comments:

Fiona said...

all so useful.... I haven't seen those mini rotating mats...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

A great group of useful tools x

loulee said...

Surely your favourite notion at this time would be your Manx phrase boo! LOL
Fastyr mie.

Susan said...

That mini mat would be useful - if you ever see a Block Lock ruler - get it - it's worth the investment - it has a groove where the seam allowance sits so there is no wobble.

Happy holidaying!!!