Wednesday 4 September 2024

My Goals for September

Here we are at the beginning of spring and it is time to set my goals for the month.  I kind of had them sorted in my head, but on Sunday I had to have a rethink.  You see, at the last minute I decided to attend the “Spring in the Scrub” retreat this coming weekend and I need to have a few projects ready to work on.  So this is what I have come up with……at this stage…..

ONE MONTHLY GOAL & CHOOKSHED STITCHERS’ CHALLENGE

Once again, one project will tick both these boxes.  The number that Deana drew out of the hat was 7.  For me that is “Three Yard Quilt - Start and Finish (for Donation)”.

I have selected a pattern and initially chose these fabrics.  That has since slightly changed, but I didn’t get a photo.  It is already kitted up to take on the weekend.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE

I haven’t really been able to ascertain the colour for the month, but have a feeling it is black or neutral?  If so, it is a little difficult for me.  I don’t want those colours in most of the projects I’m working on.  

Initially, I didn’t think it would work on my bright fish, but the pattern that will be released next week is tropical fish, and I want to use orange.  An orange and black fish will work, so all good.  I also want to catch up on August’s fish.  I may just use some random colours for that month.

Other than the fish, I may also just work on some random colours for the other projects.

BATIK FISH

I will be making some more fish this month.  I found another small scrap of batik in a stash I inherited that is a salmony colour.  It will work well.

FIFTEEN MINUTES A DAY

Of course I want to keep up with this.

OTHER STITCHING

  • I didn’t get to work on my Chookshed Stitchers’ Challenge in June and it is fairly simple, so I will kit that up and take to retreat.  It is just another small donation quilt.
  • I want to quilt my Laundry Basket Mystery Quilt, but want to try a new pantograph on something smaller before using it on the larger quilt.  At least one of the donation quilts will work for that.
  • Hand stitching is always on the list these days, to take to my stitching days and for any Zoom times.  My hexies are ticking that box at the moment.
  • I didn’t get any knitting or crochet done last month.  I want to set an actual goal this month to deconstruct the crochet baby rug, so that I can sew the squares together rather than crochet them, so that it will sit flatter.
  • Also, I have purchased some fabric to use for sashing and border on the Sashiko table runner.  I’d like to get that done this month too.
That should keep me going.  There is always plenty more if I go looking.

MY OTHER GOALS

These  are simple.
  • Try a new recipe.
  • Read a book - I’ve been failing at this lately, so need to lift my game.
  • Have a fun day out.
  • Write Isle of Man blog posts - before I forget what we did.

Let’s see how I go at the end of the month.

8 comments:

Maria said...

You always set a high goal for each month and usually do well.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Retreat at the Chookshed …

Jennifer said...

Have a great weekend....that's a fun doggy panel!

Jenny said...

Have a fun weekend with all those other chooks at the shed.

Susan Smith said...

Great goals again & wish I could be joining you this weekend. How is the crumb quilt going. Mine is at a bit of a standstill. Enjoy the weekend, take care & hugs.

loulee said...

I'm sure you will have plenty to keep you busy at Spring in the Scrub. I look forward to seeing what you achieve. Have fun.

cityquilter grace said...

pretty eclectic list...so great to make them...mine is do-able as well and already crossed off 2 things!

kiwikid said...

I am sure you will meet the challenges easily, Enjoy the retreat.

Susan said...

Happy retreat - though you are probably back by now.. I hope it all went well. I'm well behind on my fish for now...other priorities!