Tuesday 3 September 2024

Found!

It’s always the way, that you find something missing when you least expect it and often where you least expect it.  This happened to me a couple of days ago.

I was digging deep in my sewing storage area and came across these two paper bags.  What on earth could be in them?

I had quite a little chuckle when they revealed the missing fabrics that I wanted to use in one of the Chookshed Stitchers’ Challenge months.  

I had bought them on our trip to New Zealand in 2015.  The batiks and the Paua buttons were bought at a gorgeous little shop “The Stitching Post” in Arrowtown on the South Island, which I believe has now closed.  The woven flax fabric was bought in Coramandel.

I have a couple of other Kiwiana fabrics that had been gifted to me, so they will now all be stored together, where I can find them, ready to use in one of the challenge months next year.

Now to decide what to make with them.

8 comments:

Hanne said...

What a happy find! I am sure you will find something beautiful to put the beautiful fabrics into :-)

Jennifer said...

Love those gorgeous batik fabrics! Arrowtown is a very pretty town.

Jenny said...

That's a long time to have been missing, you had obviously forgotten all about these pretty Kiwi purchases.

Fiona said...

haha... that's a bit funny.....
Hugz

cityquilter grace said...

wow...i never find such goodies...lucky you! gorgeous fabrics

Maria said...

That’s a lovely find. Look forward to seeing what you make with them.

loulee said...

They were waiting for just the right moment. LOL

Susan said...

LOL...those things have been hiding for a while!