Tuesday 2 April 2024

My Goals for April

 April is going to be a fairly busy month, with one thing and another, as this time of year always is.  Therefore, I will make my goals fairly simple, so they will be achievable.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL

I have decided that this goal will be the same one as the Chookshed Stitchers’ Challenge.

CHOOKSHED STITCHERS 2024 CHALLENGE


The number this month is nine, which for me is to make a Harry Potter quilt to donate.

It will be pretty much identical to one that I made last year from a fat quarter pack I bought at Aldi a while back.  Other than the backing, it is even cut out in its tub ready to go.  I’ve been meaning to make this for ages, so it will be very good to get it out of the way.  It will come with me to Baradine, as it is a fairly simple make, using Bonnie Hunter’s free pattern “A Streak of Sunshine”.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE

The colour for April is yellow.  As usual, I will make two split nine patch blocks and two fish blocks.

15 MINUTES OF CRAFTING A DAY 

As usual, I want to keep up with my 15 minutes of crafting each day.

My other stitching goals are pretty much the same as usual.

  • Work on a donation project - Harry Potter Quilt
  • Make the batik fish blocks for the month
  • Use Monique - Harry Potter Quilt
  • Knit or crochet something - Join rows on the Spiked Granny Square rug
  • Work on a WIP - I would like to get some more of the Blue Quilt done, but we’ll see how things pan out time wise.
  • Work on a UFO -  the Laundry Basket Mystery Quilt that I will be working on at Scrub Stitchin’.
  • Complete something - hopefully a few things. One is done already, but it’s a secret for now.
  • Hand stitching - I have to take up some of Mick’s trousers.  Does that count?  I’m sure there will be something else, but nothing specific at this stage.
  • Added to these, there will be the braid quilt that I will be starting at Baradine and fingers crossed will finish this month.  We’ll see.
MY OTHER GOALS
Once again, they are much the same as usual:
  • Read a book
  • Try a new recipe
  • Go away with the caravan - please, oh please let our little truck arrive in time for us to take the van to Baradine.  If not, I’m sure we will go somewhere this month when the truck arrives.
  • Have a fun day out.  We always find an excuse to have a fun day out.  Other than Baradine, I’ve no idea what it will be, but that is half the fun of it.
I’m looking forward to seeing how I went at the end of the month.

8 comments:

loulee said...

You're going to be very busy. Have a great time at Baradine. Fingers crossed the new vehicle arrives in time.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sounds like your going to be super busy. Can't believe you got fat quarters at Aldi! Hope your new truck arrives soon x

ButterZ said...

You still have a full list. Enjoy Baradine. Wish I was going but working interferes with life..mmmmmm

Anne-Marie said...

Good luck with your goals this month, and wishing you happy travels.

Babette said...

Stop the presses! Aldi's sold Fat Quarters??? That store never stops impressing me in fun ways. I totally understand needing to keep goals simple while traveling. Good luck getting them met.

Chookyblue...... said...

That lost will keep you busy...... Not long till retreat now......

dq said...

I always love the variety in your goals. You seem to try to get in piecing, machine quilting, yarn work, hand work, cooking/recipes, reading, and traveling. It certainly gives you variety.

I seldom add my teaching goals, exercise goals, etc.. It is a good idea.

Hanne said...

Very nice fabrics for your HP quilt! :-)