Wednesday 24 April 2024

Scrub Stitchin’ - Show and Tell

I always look forward to show and tell, as there are so many talented ladies among our group.  This year was not exception.  There were so many items that they were wizzed through fairly quickly.  I’ll just share the photos at random.

Such a wonderful variety of styles and techniques.

This one really appealed to me, as it is a very scrappy leader and ender quilt.  The four patches finish at 2 inches.  They are then made into nine patches using 2 inch squares and then cut to be a disappearing nine patch, to create the very small sashing and cornerstones.  I think the border fabric compliments it perfectly.

These were a group challenge by some of the girls last year.

It was lovely to see so many completed bags from last year’s project that was in our goodies bag.

And finally mine. My others were hanging around the room.

More soon


8 comments:

loulee said...

So many lovely quilts and bags to see.

marina said...

what amazing works from all of you talented ladies!!

Susan Smith said...

OMG...........that is the most amazing set of talented women and here I was, thinking I'd love to join in. Nah.....definitely no talent like that here. Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

Karen's Korner said...

WOW I feel like I have just been to a quilt show. Fantastic work by everyone.

ButterZ said...

There was so many beautiful projects shared. Good work everyone. I missed you all.

Cheryll said...

Some lovely projects as show. Lots of variety too...xox

Chookyblue...... said...

Its great too see what everyone shares in show and tell.......I know I'll hooking it up but the 3rd one from the bottom I don't remember.....I like it......
I don't think we went thru them any faster we just skipped the fold up time during the show and tell......

Susan said...

great work by all... the "leader and ender"idea sounds great...a bit of planning is needed perhaps...but very effective.