Saturday 3 August 2019

One Monthly Goal - August


The time has come around again to set my goals for the month.  This is the best challenge for me, as the accountability means I am actually meeting my goals, whereas it would otherwise be too easy to just put things off until "later", whenever that would be.

This month the decision wasn't too hard. Following my project of the twister table runner last month I have a little pile of scraps.


The larger left over parts of the fat quarters were returned to my little box of Anni Downs fabrics, but I was left with this pile.


Using the twister ruler creates quite a bit of waste. I didn't take a photo of the actual cutting, but the cutting diagram from the instructions shows all those little squares.  They aren't on the true bias, but just wonky.  As I have made two of the table runners there are 48 little squares, together with a lot of lopsided brown triangles and a bit of the border and binding fabric.  I'm hopeless at throwing away fabric, but I don't want them to languish in a scrap bucket.

Therefore, my goal for August is to make "something" with them.  It will be a mystery project, as I have no idea what I will, or can, make with them.  It will be fun playing, if nothing else.

Of course, in the background, I will be creating my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  The colour for this month hasn't been announced as yet, so we will just go with the flow.

I also hope to make four Splendid Sampler 2 blocks, although more would be nice.  We'll see how we go.

My One Project a Month goal will be my twister scraps project.

That little lot should keep me out of trouble.....I hope.  Wish me luck.

You can see what other goals have been set by popping over to Elm Street Quilts.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Good luck playing with the wonky bits!

Maria said...

Look forward to seeing what you create with the twister scraps.
Also which SS sampler blocks you make and the RSC blocks.

Jenny said...

The colour tbis month is blue, lights and brights.

kiwikid said...

Looking forward to seeing what you create with the wonky bits 😊

Patty said...

Great goal - thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.