Sunday 28 July 2019

Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Splendid Sampler for July

Each month I set myself some stitching goals.  Firstly, my One Monthly Goal (OMG) and in the background the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) and Splendid Sampler 2 (SS2) and I like to have a finish for One Project a Month (OPAM). Don't you love an acronym.  

My challenge before sewing anything this month was to excavate the cutting and sewing tables.  That started a big sort out of my sewing room.......not that anyone could tell if they visited.  It still has far, far too much stuff in there.  However, I did find some treasures that had not seen the light of day for a very long time.

So, back to the stitching......


The colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month was Pink.  This month I made four blocks, which are always nice and easy.


My goal with SS2 was to make four blocks.   In my archaeological dig of my sewing room I discovered another little stash of 1930s prints.  Bonus.   There were even a couple of charm squares in there. Some of these have been around from when I had not long been quilting......I had pre-washed a couple of fat quarters. That doesn't happen any more. Anyway, I decided that I would use these new to the collection fabrics this month.


Ta da!  There were some very pretty fabrics in the little collection.

Now, to keep it real, I was showing my completed blocks to Mick when I noticed a little boo boo.  


Do you see it? At least by being on the corner it didn't take much to turn the two blocks around the right way.  I'm glad I found it when I did.

I'm still working on the table runner for my OMG, which is also my OPAM, but it is getting there.   No worries, I still have a whole three days up my sleeve.

I'm linking up for the RSC over at So Scrappy.

8 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Janice beautiful blocks my friend,you sure have been busy,glad the mistake was easy to fix.
Can't wait to see the table runner,hope you have a lovely Sunday Janice xx

Maria said...

Love those 1930's fabric you found in your dig...
SS2 blocks look great and lucky the boo boo was an easy fix.
Cute pink RSC blocks too.
Hope you get your OPAM project completed..

Jenny said...

I've always admired your Plus blocks, and the pink ones are so pretty. How exciting to find even more 1930s fabric tucked away in your sewing room.

Fiona said...

more lovely blocks.... so great when you find some bonus fabrics you had forgotten about.... took me a little while to find the mistake... I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

All your blocks are beautiful. I looked amongst the NeW fabric you found & remember some of them too...
Good luck with OPAM this month... xox

kiwikid said...

Wonderful find with that fabric Janice, love the blocks you have made. Cleaning the sewing room always seems to be a challenge doesn't it!!

Susie H said...

Love your blocks. I live by the motto "Cleaning Makes One Ugly" and therefore I am gorgeous! I added that last part myself! Haha!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty PINK Plus blocks!!!