Tuesday 29 January 2019

Splendid Sampler and One Project a Month

We are so lucky to have Kris from Tag Along Teddies host One Project a Month (OPAM) again this year.  You can find out all about it here if you are interested.


Therefore, I thought I'd better make something for January.


First find an old real estate sign in the back of the shed from when you sold out of town.  Cut it into six 10 inch squares and then cut the remainder in half.  Spray paint over the writing with white paint.  Find scraps of binding or cut strips of fabric 2 1/2 inches wide.  Find a scrap of batting just the right size to cover them all.

Anticipate that  you will have a nice and quick project completed.  Reality check when nice and easy project ends up taking hours and hours.


Ta da!  Eight mini design boards.  Something I have been wanting to make for years.  They will be so handy with Splendid Sampler 2.


See! Perfect.  I have been working on the same basis, but using mini cutting mats and display folders.  This will be so much better.


Another block completed.  This one is Lauren's Flower Basket.


I've been looking for something to store my complete blocks in.  Yesterday I was sorting some stuff and found the perfect tin.  One very happy camper.

Just to finish off, we had another doozy of a storm yesterday.  


It blew a gale and bucketed down.  We ended up with 20mm of rain, whereas other places around here had up to three inches.  The river was up again this morning, but had receded by late afternoon.  We were rewarded with this gorgeous rainbow after the storm passed.


It was a lovely early sunrise this morning, so no storms here today.

8 comments:

Maria said...

WOW your mini design boards look great as does the lastest SS block.
Cute tin to store all your blocks in.
Lovely pics of the rainbow and sunrise..

loulee said...

Very productive. The storage tin is a great idea. My stitchery blocks are too big for that. I'll have to find an alternative.

Jenny said...

Aren't you clever, I would never have thought of making something like that. I have seen videos where all the pieces are laid out on boards then carried to the sewing machine.

Fiona said...

the design boards are great... and yours are so pretty too... lovely blocks. glad you had a bit of rain.. lovely to see the green grass with the rainbow. I'm always amazed at how quick it comes back. Your tin for storing blocks is just perfect...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great work on your design boards. I do,love that sweet Teddy tin! We have had about 3 spots of rain up here! Beautiful sunset x

Cheryll said...

What a great use of stored "junk" by turning it into treasures.
Well done & I LoVe them...xox

Cheryll said...

Oohh and a GReaT TiN...

Gail said...

Isn't it wonderful when inspiration strikes and you have everything you need to complete the project right there at hand? I love it when a good idea is made! I'm sure you will find these VERY helpful.