My goal for the month was to piece the top of my Picnic in the Park quilt. I had hoped to get it done on our retreat to Baradine for Scrub Stitchin', but that didn't happen. I did get the blocks made and sashings added to join the blocks into rows. The rest happened back home.......eventually.
The original quilt (above) had the external corners of the sashings cut off and I didn't want that. Also, the original had bias edges on all the setting triangles. I wanted to have the edge of the quilt on the straight grain.......so some maths was required. Retreat wasn't the place for maths.
Eventually I had a brainwave and searched Pinterest. Lo and behold, there were several charts showing the exact size to cut triangles for corners and the sides with the straight grain. So much easier than just hoping you get it right.
I had planned on adding a couple of borders, but in the end I added just one. It was all it needed and brings it up to 73 inches square, which is a nice, practical size.
So..... ta da!!
I'm happy with how it has turned out. Mick reckons it's "a bit wishy", but that is just a boy thing.
Now to send it off to Julie to work her magic.
With so much happening this month I really didn't think I would achieve this month's goal, but that extra push was well worth it. Thanks so much to Patty for giving me the incentive to get it done.
It isn't too hard to guess what my goal for May will be.
I did also get my RSC Challenge blocks done. I'll post them soon.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to work on any of my UFO's, but that is OK, because this isn't going to become another one.
I'm linking up to Elm Street Quilts here. Pop over and see what the other girls achieved.